Digital Marketing Manager
Business Function Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Are you a digital superstar, able to hit the ground running, bursting with ideas? Then we want to hear from you!
We're looking for a top class, consumer-focused Digital Marketing Manager with heaps of experience engaging consumers across different audiences and interests to make them love and buy our books and products via websites, newsletters, social media, mobile, video and other digital channels. Experience of apps and eBooks in addition, would be excellent.
Sitting in the Consumer and Digital Development team - you'll manage campaigns, generate great ideas, create exceptional copy, liaise daily with designers, editors, publishing directors, authors and crucially be the digital marketing representative to our Children's Publishing Division (The largest in the industry, including huge consumer brands Puffin and Ladybird). You're comfortable communicating with people at all levels and you’re able think on your feet in this fast moving but exceptionally fun environment. You’ll have an opinion and not be afraid to use it, you'll have a constant stream of suggestions for ways in which we can connect with readers (and not-yet readers) digitally.
· You’ll understand and be passionate about the power of brand for retention, acquisition and sales.
· You’ll implement new ideas whilst ensuring marketing effectiveness and maintaining the various brand/s values within the context of the websites, digital publishing and social media.
· You'll have excellent communication skills – be able to clearly and accurately communicate with people of varying digital knowledge both orally, visually and in writing.
· You’ll be the intersection between the Consumer Engagement, Children’s teams, Product Development and Digital Publishing to ensure an integrated marketing strategy.
· You are commercially aware.
· You understand, or are quick to pick up, the sensitivities of marketing to children.
· You are an ideas person and have the confidence to bring new initiatives to our digital marketing activity.
· You will have exceptional brand management and campaign execution expertise, demonstrating the ability to develop and deliver effective and successful creative solutions.
· You will have basic knowledge of SEO, UX & CRM. You will need to be competent using analytical tools (ideally Ominture), interpreting results, providing summary reports back to the business.
· Identify and manage relationships with 3rd party partners that will enhance brand presence digitally (either by driving traffic and conversions to our own sites or general wider digital brand reach).
· Have a passion for design and visual brand identity.
· Keep abreast of the latest online and social media technologies.
· Know how to prioritise a multitude of campaigns, questions and meetings.
· Strong consumer-facing digital background and experience of marketing to children, teens and their parents. However we will consider candidates who have no experience of marketing to children, if they can prove creativity or transferable marketing skills to this sector.
You will need demonstrable knowledge of copywriting, marketing and the digital environment in a similar role, with meticulous attention to detail; you will also need a keen appreciation of stories.
Closing date: 1st April 2014
Click here to apply for this job and to complete our short application form