Wednesday, 26 March 2014
THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, the short story ejournal is seeking submissions for issue 10
For issue 10 of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, authors may submit their work to firstname.lastname@example.org between 20 March and 7 April. Purchasing the journal to see if you story will be suitable is highly recommended.
Submitted stories should be formatted as follows:
→ Calibri, double-spaced
→ Font size: 12pt
→ New paragraphs should be identified by indenting the first line (by using the TAB key)
→ New sections should be identified by inserting a line space or a * between paragraphs
→ Do not indent the beginning of each new section
→ Black text on white background
→ Number all pages
• The word limit for submitted stories is 2,500 words.
• Please submit your story, as an attachment and in the body of the text, by email only, addressed to The Editor, and sent to email@example.com.
• All submissions should include a short author biographical note. When we say short, we mean 3 or 4 sentences. When we say sentences, we mean snappy and syntactically correct sentences. We don’t need your CV/resume! If your story is published, this biographical note will be published in full.
• And, we’d rather not receive a photo of you.
• THE SOUTH CIRCULAR enlists the expertise and opinions of a select reader panel. While all submissions are read by the editor, each member of the reader panel receives a limited number of stories to read in each quarter. You may not agree with the editor’s decision, but it is final.
• We ask that your story be unpublished at and up to 12 months after the publication of the issue of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR in which it appears.
• Copyright remains, in all cases, with the author.
• Unfortunately, THE SOUTH CIRCULAR cannot provide a feedback/editorial service.
• Writers may be from, or resident, anywhere in the world but all stories must be written in English.
• Only one story may be submitted at a time. If your story is not published in the upcoming issue, it’s always possible we’re just keeping it for a later issue.
• And, unless we really, really, really like your work, it’s unlikely that we will publish more than one of your stories in any one year.
• THE SOUTH CIRCULAR is an e-journal of short stories ONLY. We do not review/criticize work. Please don’t ask us to.
→ Author’s full name
→Author’s email address
→Short author biographical note
→Date of submission
Full guidelines and submission details may be found here: www.thesouthcircular.com/submit.
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...