Wednesday, 26 March 2014
THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, the short story ejournal is seeking submissions for issue 10
For issue 10 of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR, authors may submit their work to firstname.lastname@example.org between 20 March and 7 April. Purchasing the journal to see if you story will be suitable is highly recommended.
Submitted stories should be formatted as follows:
→ Calibri, double-spaced
→ Font size: 12pt
→ New paragraphs should be identified by indenting the first line (by using the TAB key)
→ New sections should be identified by inserting a line space or a * between paragraphs
→ Do not indent the beginning of each new section
→ Black text on white background
→ Number all pages
• The word limit for submitted stories is 2,500 words.
• Please submit your story, as an attachment and in the body of the text, by email only, addressed to The Editor, and sent to email@example.com.
• All submissions should include a short author biographical note. When we say short, we mean 3 or 4 sentences. When we say sentences, we mean snappy and syntactically correct sentences. We don’t need your CV/resume! If your story is published, this biographical note will be published in full.
• And, we’d rather not receive a photo of you.
• THE SOUTH CIRCULAR enlists the expertise and opinions of a select reader panel. While all submissions are read by the editor, each member of the reader panel receives a limited number of stories to read in each quarter. You may not agree with the editor’s decision, but it is final.
• We ask that your story be unpublished at and up to 12 months after the publication of the issue of THE SOUTH CIRCULAR in which it appears.
• Copyright remains, in all cases, with the author.
• Unfortunately, THE SOUTH CIRCULAR cannot provide a feedback/editorial service.
• Writers may be from, or resident, anywhere in the world but all stories must be written in English.
• Only one story may be submitted at a time. If your story is not published in the upcoming issue, it’s always possible we’re just keeping it for a later issue.
• And, unless we really, really, really like your work, it’s unlikely that we will publish more than one of your stories in any one year.
• THE SOUTH CIRCULAR is an e-journal of short stories ONLY. We do not review/criticize work. Please don’t ask us to.
→ Author’s full name
→Author’s email address
→Short author biographical note
→Date of submission
Full guidelines and submission details may be found here: www.thesouthcircular.com/submit.
poetry london prize The Poetry London Prize is a major, internationally renowned award for a single outstanding poem. Entries are open fro...
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
On the theme of 'Gardens' Until the end of July, we're looking for short stories on a theme of 'gardens': "Private...
First Prize €500 Second Prize €600 Third Prize €1,000 Liberties Press, in conjunction with Irish Pensions & Finance, are del...