Friday, 21 March 2014
Tiny Dog Productions | Deadline: April 8, 2014
Theatre Breaks is comprised of a 3 night run, which Theatre Companies/individuals can use as a platform to showcase new or developing work.
Be it a new short play, an excerpt from a longer piece, a new adaptation, a musical, a puppet show, a sketch, a monologue or a story - all are welcome at the festival. Each show will run for NO LONGER THAN 20 MINUTES and will be performed back to back over the 3 night run.
Tiny Dog Productions are currently accepting submissions from practitioners who wish to participate in the next Theatre Breaks Festival. They are looking for 6 - 8 productions in total.
Date: 18 & 25 May @ 6pm and 19 May @ 7:30pm at The White Bear Theatre, Kennington, SE11 4DJ
Theatre Breaks offers the following to successful applicants:
• A 20 min performance slot for three nights (18, 19 & 25 May 2014)
• A short tech rehearsal and a technician for all performances.
• Full marketing support from Tiny Dog Productions.
• Professional photos taken of tech and performances, which directors/companies can use for their own marketing going forward.
• Show support, including promotion across all Tiny Dog Productions online channels and programmes for the run.
How to apply:
1. Deadline for submissions is 5pm on Tuesday, 8 April 2014. Successful companies/directors will be notified by Tuesday 15 April, 2014.
2. Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the title of your play as the subject line. If you do not have a completed script, please send a synopsis and a detailed break down of the piece you would like to perform. Plays must be no longer than 20 minutes.
3. There will be a mandatory meeting on Monday 21 April at the White Bear at 7pm for all successful applicants. One person (Director/Producer) must attend from each production.
4. We can accept one submission per writer/company/director.
5. Please note, the performance space is a black box theatre with basic sound and lighting.
6. The event is open to anyone, no previous experience necessary and we are looking for submissions from a diverse range of applicants.
7. Directors/companies will be required to provide all set and costume.
Find out more
Please note that these competitions are listed here for your convenience. However, they are run by external organisations and unless otherwise noted the Sean O' Carolan has no involvement with them. Therefore he cannot respond to any queries in connection to those and accepts no liability for the accuracy of third party websites and the information contained on them.
Impress Prize for New Writers Impress Prize | How it Works | Past Winners | Terms and Conditions The 2021 Impress Prize Submissions are ...
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
Our BRAND NEW quarterly flash fiction competition is coming soon! The first competition will open on 1st September 2020, with the first de...