Wednesday, 19 March 2014
WEST SUSSEX WRITERS’ NATIONAL SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2014
1. There is no set theme but stories for children, poetry and non-fiction should not be entered.
2. All entries must be the original, unpublished work of the author.
3. Stories up to 3,000 words in length will be accepted.
4. All entries must be typed and written in English.
5. All entries should be double spaced with wide margins.
6. Entries must not have won a prize in any other competition or be entered in another competition at the same time.
7. No entries will be returned.
8. Entries must be received by midnight GMT 31st March 2014. Entries submitted after this date will be disqualified.
9. Entries making the shortlist will be listed on the West Sussex Writers website by the end of June 2014 and the prize winners announced by the end of July 2014.
10. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Prizes of £200, £75 and £50 will be awarded to the first, second and third prize winners,respectively. All prizes will be paid in pounds sterling.
12. No entrant may win more than one prize.
13. West Sussex Writers will have the right to publish the three prize winning stories on their website.
14. Copyright will remain with the author.
15.Entries should be sent to WSW National Competition Secretary, 131, Bevendean Crescent, Brighton, BN2 4RE
16.Your name, address, email address, phone number, story title and word count should accompany your submission, on a separate cover sheet.
17.Your name should not appear anywhere on your submission.
18.The entry fee of £5 (sterling) per story must accompany your story/stories. Cheques should be made out to West Sussex Writers’ Conference.
19.Email entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the format, .doc, .pdf, or .rtf (Please ensure your name does not appear in the file properties).
20.Entrant’s name, address, email address, phone number, story title and word count should be sent as an email and your story attached.
21.Your name should not appear on your story.
22.The entry fee of £5 (sterling)per story can be paid electronically to the West Sussex Writers’ Conference account: Account no: 61532421 Sort Code: 40-47-22 , using your name as the reference, or by sending a cheque payable to West Sussex Writers’ Conference, to the WSW National Competition Secretary, 131, Bevendean Crescent, Brighton, BN2 4RE
The 2019 DISQUIET Prize is now open for submissions. Contest winners in the categories offiction, poetry, and non-fiction will have their w...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...