Friday, 4 April 2014
THE BLUE LIGHT FLASH FICTION AWARD – For Flash Fiction and Prose Poetry - Deadline July 30 th
The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript of flash fiction or prose poetry to our Blue Light Flash Fiction Award Competition. Please share our guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest. If you want to be on our E-mail list, please contact us and let us know.
THE BLUE LIGHT FLASH FICTION AWARD – For Flash Fiction and Prose Poetry
1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry and flash fiction that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.
2. To enter, send a manuscript of 24 to 70 pages of flash fiction or prose poetry, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to: Blue Light Press, Attn: Flash Fiction Award, 1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
3. Maximum length of each flash fiction or prose poem is 500 words.
4. Submit your manuscript between February 1 and July 30.
5. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
6. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have a SASE to correspond with you.
7. The winner will be announced on or about December 1. The winning book will go into production in March or April, depending on our production schedule.
8. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript in MS-Word, either on a flash drive or as an email attachment.
9. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our partner, 1st World Publishing.
10. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read it.
11. Please do not use tyvek envelopes, as we like to be gentle to the earth.
Impress Prize for New Writers Impress Prize | How it Works | Past Winners | Terms and Conditions The 2021 Impress Prize Submissions are ...
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
Our BRAND NEW quarterly flash fiction competition is coming soon! The first competition will open on 1st September 2020, with the first de...