Friday, 4 April 2014
THE BLUE LIGHT FLASH FICTION AWARD – For Flash Fiction and Prose Poetry - Deadline July 30 th
The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript of flash fiction or prose poetry to our Blue Light Flash Fiction Award Competition. Please share our guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest. If you want to be on our E-mail list, please contact us and let us know.
THE BLUE LIGHT FLASH FICTION AWARD – For Flash Fiction and Prose Poetry
1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry and flash fiction that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.
2. To enter, send a manuscript of 24 to 70 pages of flash fiction or prose poetry, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to: Blue Light Press, Attn: Flash Fiction Award, 1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
3. Maximum length of each flash fiction or prose poem is 500 words.
4. Submit your manuscript between February 1 and July 30.
5. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
6. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have a SASE to correspond with you.
7. The winner will be announced on or about December 1. The winning book will go into production in March or April, depending on our production schedule.
8. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript in MS-Word, either on a flash drive or as an email attachment.
9. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our partner, 1st World Publishing.
10. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read it.
11. Please do not use tyvek envelopes, as we like to be gentle to the earth.
Palestinian author Ahmed Miqdad and co-Author Balqis MZ, delivers his fourth book (a short novel) about living under occupation in Gaza...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...