Friday, 4 April 2014
THE BLUE LIGHT FLASH FICTION AWARD – For Flash Fiction and Prose Poetry - Deadline July 30 th
The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a manuscript of flash fiction or prose poetry to our Blue Light Flash Fiction Award Competition. Please share our guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your students know about our contest. If you want to be on our E-mail list, please contact us and let us know.
THE BLUE LIGHT FLASH FICTION AWARD – For Flash Fiction and Prose Poetry
1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry and flash fiction that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.
2. To enter, send a manuscript of 24 to 70 pages of flash fiction or prose poetry, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to: Blue Light Press, Attn: Flash Fiction Award, 1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
3. Maximum length of each flash fiction or prose poem is 500 words.
4. Submit your manuscript between February 1 and July 30.
5. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
6. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have a SASE to correspond with you.
7. The winner will be announced on or about December 1. The winning book will go into production in March or April, depending on our production schedule.
8. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript in MS-Word, either on a flash drive or as an email attachment.
9. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com, any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our partner, 1st World Publishing.
10. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read it.
11. Please do not use tyvek envelopes, as we like to be gentle to the earth.
The 2020 National Poetry Competition is now open for entries! Start your entry by following this link.
RTÉ SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2020 INVITES SUBMISSIONS RTÉ has today invited short story submissions for one of Ireland's longest est...
Aesthetica Creative Writing Award The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talen...
Voices 2020: Our Judges We have a fantastic expert panel of judges lined up for Voices 2020, featuring authors, poets and journalists, some ...