Tuesday, 27 May 2014
A Small Good Thing Short Story Competition - Deadline Last Day Of Each Month
StoryFeedback.com Monthly Short Story Contest
Deadline: last day of every month.
First prize: £100, second prize £50, third prize £25. All prize-winning stories will also be published online for a limited time to receive feedback from readers, and will be distributed in an e-book to subscribers to increase your audience.
Entry fee: £5. Online entry is £8 for two stories and £11 for three.
Original short stories in any genre of up to 3000 words are required, and must be previously unpublished. Only First Electronic Rights are asked for, and copyright remains with the author.
Full details at: http://www.storyfeedback.com
StoryFeedback.com, 7 Offley Street, Worcester WR3 8BH.
1. UK residents can enter the contest either by post or online.
2. Non-UK residents can enter the contest online.
3. Non-UK residents are also welcome to enter the contest by post provided that the entry fee can be paid with a pounds sterling (UK) cheque.
4. The entry fee is £4 per story if you do not require a tick-sheet critique, £8 if you require a tick-sheet critique, £16 if you require a tick-sheet critique and a proof edit.
5. Each entry must be no longer than 5000 words.
6. Each entry must be the original, unpublished work of the stated author.
7. Entry into the contest indicates acceptance of our rules and conditions, including granting of first electronic publishing rights. Note that full copyright is retained by the author.
8. For postal entries, stories must be typed or printed legibly, and the author's name and the title of the story must be printed at the top of each page.
9. Postal entries must be sent, with adequate postage attached, to:
StoryFeedback.com Short Story Contest, 7 Offley Street, Worcester WR3 8BH, UK.
Cheques or postal orders payable to Dark Tales.
10. The current deadline is 31st December 2013.
11. Stories cannot be returned so please do not send original manuscripts.
12. The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will receive £100, the runner-up £50 and third-placed £25, plus electronic publication. Each published entrant will be notified within approximately 60 days of the closing date. Critiques will be sent out as soon as possible after the result is announced.
14. Postal entries: Entries must be accompanied by the correct payment. An entry form can be used but is not compulsory.
15. Online entries: After making your payment via PayPal email your story to email@example.com - preferably as a Word document - ensuring that the Subject for the email is Short Story Contest Entry.
16. There is no set theme, and your story can be in any genre.
Go here for a printable entry form if you would like to enter by post.
If you would like to enter securely online, pay for your entry using the button below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
THE ANNUAL POETRY PRIZE FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN IN ROME CELEBRATES ITS 28TH YEAR The Keats-Shelley House is proud to present the twenty-eighth a...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
About the Prize 1st Prize: - €1000 - a week's residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre - paid travel expenses (up to €600) and 4 nights a...