FICTION AND CREATIVE NON-FICTION; NO POETRY
Prizes: First Place – $1,000 • Second Place – $500 • Third Place – $200
Literary Anthology/Contest Guidelines
Planned publication date: October 2014 under Compass Flower Press imprint.
Working title/theme: Uncertain Promise.
No previously published work, please.
Simultaneous submissions allowed—please inform on entry form and give immediate notification if accepted elsewhere. Fiction and creative nonfiction submissions are read and evaluated anonymously by two editorial boards; submission does not guarantee acceptance; acceptances that make the final cut are forwarded to independent judges for possible award of cash prizes. Each published contributor receives a free copy of the anthology.
Non-refundable entry fees ($US) for each category are $18 for electronic submission (paid on website) or $15 for mailed submission (paid by check or on website.) Compass Flower Press and AKA-Publishing are imprints of the independent and self-supporting publisher, AKA:yola, LLC.
Entry form for the 2014 Anthology/Contest may be downloaded at here and must be completed and accompany each entry. JUDGE: TBA Literary Anthology/Contest Entry Form
Downloadable Word Document : Word Document
Fiction or creative non-fiction: 3,000 word limit per entry; sections from larger works accepted. No previously published work.
NO LIMIT ON NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS
Entries will be read and judged anonymously. Each submission should be prepared as follows:
• Cover sheet with Title of work, author name, address, phone, and email.
• Manuscript should have header or footer with Title of work and page numbers on every page.
• Entries must be double spaced, 12 pt. Times or Times New Roman
• Completed submission form with each entry.
• Electronic submission must be paid on the website.
• Mailed entries may pay on website or with check attached to submission form.
• ELECTRONIC –Manuscripts (a separate submission form and file for each separate piece) as an attachment to an email with “Compass Flower Press Anthology Submission” as the subject line. File types accepted are: RTF, DOC, or DOCX. Each entry must be attached to a separate email.
• First page of submission (electronic or mailed) should contain title of work, author name, address, phone, and email only, followed by manuscript beginning on the next page with title and page number on remainder of manuscript. Submission form must accompany each entry. Each entry must be emailed separately.
• Manuscripts shredded/recycled, not returned. All submissions will receive an emailed confirmation of receipt.
DEADLINE: Postmarked no later than May 25, 2014.
Mail to: AKA-Publishing / Compass Flower Press,
315 Bernadette Dr, Ste 3, Columbia, Missouri 65203
email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR click through the contact email on this website (be sure to note “Anthology Submission” in the subject line.)
All submissions—both snail mail and email—will be notified via email upon receipt.
Prize winners and entries selected for publication will be posted on CompassFlowerPress.com.
Literary Anthology/Contest Entry Form
Downloadable : Word Document