Sweet Talk is an independent radio production company specialising in readings, drama and short form features. In recent times we’ve broadcast work by - among others - Alison MacLeod, Anita Sullivan, Olga Grushin, Adam Marek, Lynne Truss, Alison Moore, Melissa Lee-Houghton, Jonas Jonasson, Rupert Thomson, Katy Darby, Laura Barton, Jami Attenberg, Nick Walker, Morven Crumlish, Toby Litt, Simon Stephenson, Louise Stern, Andrew Miller, Jesmyn Ward, James Hopkin, Esi Edugyan, Shena Mackay, M.J. Hyland, Scarlett Thomas and former The Time Being contributors Heidi Amsinck and Tania Hershman.
This is the eighth season of The Time Being. The last was broadcast early in 2014.
Writers wishing to submit should be aware of the following:
• This is a week of new voices, so we’re looking for writers who are as yet unbroadcast (and largely unpublished: i.e. having a story in a magazine or anthology here and there is OK, but a track record of novels and story collections in print is not!)
• Please don’t submit stories that have been previously ‘performed’ (e.g. at readings events which have been filmed/recorded and put on YouTube etc.)
• Ideally, stories will not have previously appeared in print or online.
• Broadcast stories will be read by a single voice.
• Stories need to be between 2000 and 2200 words in length.
• Please put full contact details (name, post and email address, phone number) including any alternative contact details for vacations and a word count on the title page of each story.
• No more than two stories per writer, please.
• We are unable provide feedback on unsuccessful submissions.
We are already accepting stories but the closing date for submissions is 18 July 2014. Please email stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sweet Talk Productions
Read my experience and writing tips from getting my short story on Radio 4.http://paulmcveigh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/bbc-radio-4-seeking-3-short-stories.html