Friday, 2 May 2014
Literary juice flash Fiction Competition - Deadline June 30, 2014.
All contest submissions must be typed in 12-point, Times New Roman font. Story size is 500 words maximum. Type your name, address, and e-mail on the top corner of the first page of your manuscript. Submissions must be written in English. Any genre is allowed; however, we do not accept novel excerpts.
2. Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but there will be no refund on the entry fee if your story is accepted elsewhere. If your story has been accepted to another publication, we ask that you e-mail us immediately regarding its status.
3. Entry fee is $6.00 (USD) per story and non-refundable.
4. Winner will receive $200 (USD) and publication in Literary Juice; second place winner will receive $50 (USD) and publication in Literary Juice. Winning stories will also be accompanied by a photograph of each author, as well as a short bio, if desired. Winners will be asked to sign a Writer's Agreement Form for their winning work.
5. Winning entries will be determined by the editors.
6. Previously published stories are not permitted.
7. Stories must be the work of entrant only. Do not submit for someone else.
8. Authors may submit multiple stories so long as each submission is accompanied by the entry fee.
9. Contest is open to everyone age 18 or older, including non-U.S. based authors.
10. Winning entrants agree to have their stories published online. Authors will retain worldwide copyright on their stories, with Literary Juice having first publication rights.
11. Deadline for submissions is June 30, 2014. Winners will be notified via e-mail and results will be posted online.
12. Entry is confirmation that you agree to all rules and conditions.
Palestinian author Ahmed Miqdad and co-Author Balqis MZ, delivers his fourth book (a short novel) about living under occupation in Gaza...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...