† Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel, opinion, essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.
To apply on-line, follow these guidelines
No restrictions as to style, content, number of submissions, or nationality. Enter as often as you like.
Send between now and June 17, 2014, Midnight, all U.S. time zones.
Simultaneous & multiple submissions welcome. Previously published material welcome if under 5,000-circulation or if previously published on-line only.
Each fiction or non-fiction piece is counted as a separate entry, and should total no more than 6,000 words except Short-Short Fiction (no more than 1,000 words).
Each poetry entry may include up to three poems, not to exceed five pages total per entry. All poetry Honourable Mentions will be published.
Save cover sheet or letter with the submission you'll be uploading and send as one file. Should you forget to include such covers, however, it's OK, as contact information is automatically forwarded to us when you pay on-line.
Payment is $20 per submission in order to cover our many expenses and reserve your book. Payment will be by credit card or echeque through PayPal (See Rule 10).
Each entry must be in a separate file (up to 3 poems in one file (See #6)). Many file formats are accepted.
How to apply offline
- Mail to "NMW,", 4021 Garden Drive, Knoxville, TN 37918. Entries should be postmarked on or before June 17, 2014.
- Send $20 cheque or money order drawn on an American bank, payable to New Millennium Writings to cover our many expenses and reserve your book.
- Include cover letter or title page with name, address, phone and email address.
- Paperclips preferred.
- Send business-size SASE or email address for list of winners.
- Manuscripts recycled, not returned, unless specifically requested. (Include SASE with sufficient return postage.)