Wednesday, 28 May 2014
WARP PLACE 2015 Writing Contest Overview
In 2015 WARP Place are expecting to expand the contest to ten (10) categories and offer $70,000 in prizes.
Principal Categories: These all have awards of $2,000 cash and a one-week writers’ retreat at our founder’s Estancia Ranquilco in the Argentine Patagonia for a prize award value of $7,000, or $70,000 total. All categories are fully explicated on the Category Detail page:
1. The Energy of Flow (annual topic)
2. Best/worst life-changing experience
3. Adventure thriller (truth or fiction)
4. God/Alien of the World (what would You do?)
5. Tragedy/Bliss (your story, truth or fiction)
6. Most inspirational person/event (who/what has inspired you?)
7. Legacies, under 18 (what’s been left to you; what will you leave?
8. What do women want?
9. What do men want?
10. WARP Open Category.
I Their quest to offer new authors a stage we are hosting a Short Story Competition. Entries close midnight (GMT, London), February 17, 20...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...