Wednesday, 28 May 2014
WARP PLACE 2015 Writing Contest Overview
In 2015 WARP Place are expecting to expand the contest to ten (10) categories and offer $70,000 in prizes.
Principal Categories: These all have awards of $2,000 cash and a one-week writers’ retreat at our founder’s Estancia Ranquilco in the Argentine Patagonia for a prize award value of $7,000, or $70,000 total. All categories are fully explicated on the Category Detail page:
1. The Energy of Flow (annual topic)
2. Best/worst life-changing experience
3. Adventure thriller (truth or fiction)
4. God/Alien of the World (what would You do?)
5. Tragedy/Bliss (your story, truth or fiction)
6. Most inspirational person/event (who/what has inspired you?)
7. Legacies, under 18 (what’s been left to you; what will you leave?
8. What do women want?
9. What do men want?
10. WARP Open Category.
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
Ireland’s Own Open Short Story section (maximum 2,000 words) is open to all and carries a prize fund of €1,000 – a first prize of €600;...
‘Wordsmiths’ is set to be an annual writing competition of a different nature. The format has been thrown wide open to give a level-pla...