Sunday, 15 June 2014
Essex Poetry Competition - Deadline 31st July 2014
Sole Adjudicator Hannah Lowe
First Prize £200
Second £100, Third £50
Prize giving will be on 11th October
at the Cramphorn Theatre, Chelmsford.
Winner & runners-up will be invited
to read their winning poems at the festival.
Winning and highly commended poems
will be published on the Festival website
Closing date 31st July 2014
Rules & Regs
1. The competition is open to those who live in Essex, Southend, Thurrock or who have an Essex postcode.
2. Poems may be up to 40 lines, and on any subject.
3. Entries must be the poet’s own unpublished work. They should not be on offer elsewhere during this competition. Copyright remains with the author.
4. The entry fee is £3.00 per poem or £10 for 4 poems. PLEASE MAKE CHEQUES PAYABLE TO
‘POETRY IN PRACTICE’
5. Each poem should be typed on one side of A4 paper with the title of the poem at the top of the sheet. The competitor's name must NOT appear on the poem.
6. All entries must be accompanied by A4 covering sheet with the author’s name, address, & titles of poems (you can fill in and print out entry form here).
7. Poems cannot be returned, so please don’t send original manuscripts
8. The adjudicator’s decision is final.
9. Please make sure entries have correct postage.
Do not send registered or special delivery. All entries postmarked before 31st July will be accepted.
Please read the rules carefully, and then send entries to the address below.
Essex Poetry Festival Competition
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
First prize: £5,000 One of the largest short story prizes, the winning story features in our anthology, so you will see your words in print...
The annual HG Wells Fiction Short Story Competition offers a £500 Senior and £1,000 Junior prize and free publication of all shortlisted en...