Tuesday, 3 June 2014
InkTears Flash Fiction Short Story Competition - Deadline 31 July 2014
There are six prizes which will be awarded by the InkTears judging panel:
• Winner: £250
• Runner-up: £50
• 4x Highly Commended: £25
All prize winners will get their:
• Story published to the InkTears Readership
• Bio published on InkTears site
1.Submissions must be 500 words or less in length (shorter entries very welcome), written in English. Any theme is acceptable.
2.Story may have have been previously published in a magazine or online, providing the author still owns the copyright and there is no exclusivity with the prior publication.
3.Alternatively, the story may be as yet unpublished.
4.Work must be entirely the work of the entrant, and the entrant must own the full publication rights to the story.
5.Submissions must be accompanied by a bio including full details of any previous publication history of the story submitted.
6.Submissions can only be accepted online.
7.Each submission must be accompanied by an entry fee (prices below), payable via Paypal as part of the submission process.
8.Multiple submissions are permitted.
9.There is no geographical restriction on entrants, entry is open to all including non-UK based writers.
10. Entrants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
11. Entrants agree to have their story published by InkTears in both electronic and paper format. Authors will retain worldwide copyright on their work with InkTears having first publication rights.
12. Closing date is 31 July 2014.
13. Winners will be notified via email by 31 October 2014.
14. Full results will be posted on this website by 10 November 2014.
15. Entrants will be judged by the InkTears judging panel. The judges’ decisions are final and no individual correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entry is confirmation of your acceptance of all rules and conditions.
We’re thrilled to announce the Leicester Writes Short Story Prize 2021 is now open for entries. We’re looking for new and original fiction ...
First Prize: €500 The NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2020 is organised as part of the county’s literature development programme. It is funded...
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
On the theme of 'Gardens' Until the end of July, we're looking for short stories on a theme of 'gardens': "Private...