Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Book Prize. Poetry - Deadline November 15, 2014
Submissions to the Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Book Prize
• The Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Series Book Competition is open to all American writers, regardless of previous publication.
• Poetry collections must be at least 48 pages. Translations are not accepted, nor are "New & Selected" or "Collected" manuscripts including work from previously published books. Previous journal and chapbook publications are OK.
• The initial screening will be directed by Kathryn Nuernberger. The initial screeners will choose ten or more finalist manuscripts, which will be forwarded to a well-known judge for selection of the winning collection.The judge for 2014-5 will be Adrian Matejka.
• The winning writer will receive $2000 and the winning collection will be published in paperback (1,000 copies) by Pleiades Press and nationally distributed by Louisiana State University Press. In addition, the winning writer will be invited to read at the University of Central Missouri.
HOW TO SUBMIT
• We prefer online submissions. The reading fee is $25 for each manuscript submitted, and includes a one-year subscription to Pleiades. To begin the online submission process, click here:
Submit Online to the Lena-Miles Wever Todd Prize
• All submissions must be uploaded (or postmarked) by November 15, 2014.
• With each manuscript, include two cover sheets: one with the title of the manuscript, your name, telephone number, and address—the other with only the title of the book. Finalists manuscripts will be sent to the judge without identification.
• Poems previously published in journals, chapbooks, or anthologies are acceptable. If poems in the manuscript have been previously published, enclose an acknowledgements page.
• If you would prefer to submit the old fashioned way, you can still do so: Send one copy of a complete poetry book manuscript of at least 48 pages to:
Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Prize
Department of English, Martin 336
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093
• If you send through the regular mail, include a check or money order made out to Pleiades Press for $25.
• Each regular-mail entry should be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE).
• No screener may previously know or have published any poet whose work (s)he considers for the contest. As such, no one who has published work in Pleiades within the last five years will have his/her manuscript screened by any poetry editor of the journal. Manuscripts submitted by such contributors to the journal will, instead, be sent to screeners at another location. We respectfully request that former students or colleagues of the LMWT judge—as well as any poet whose relationship with the judge constitutes an unfair conflict of interest—refrain from entering the contest. All finalists will be asked to confirm that they have no conflict of interest with the judge. The LMWT staff reserves the right to disqualify entries deemed conflicts of interest and will return those entry fees.
• Further questions about the Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Series can be directed to Kathryn Nuernberger.
Competition deadline: 15th March 2021 This year’s BBC National Short Story Award with Cambridge University (NSSA) is now open for submissi...
RTÉ SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2020 INVITES SUBMISSIONS RTÉ has today invited short story submissions for one of Ireland's longest est...
Voices 2020: Our Judges We have a fantastic expert panel of judges lined up for Voices 2020, featuring authors, poets and journalists, some ...
Aesthetica Creative Writing Award The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talen...