THE PRIZE FOR THE WINNER IS £2,000.
ADJUDICATORS: Anne Tannahill, freelance Editor and retired MD of
Blackstaff Press and Bernard McLaverty, Author.
SPONSOR: Linen Hall Library
ENTRY FEE: £5 Sterling with each entry submitted
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Monday 30th June 2014
1. The award is open to Irish writers (born in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland) over
eighteen years of age.
2. NO entry form is required.
3. Entries must NOT have been, by the date of submission, published or broadcast in any
4. Entries must be typed, in double spacing, using only one side of A4 paper.
5. Entries must NOT exceed the maximum of 3,000 words.
6. Entries will NOT be returned.
7. No indication of the writer’s identity may appear on the story to be entered.
8. Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable) should be submitted on
a separate sheet, under the heading Michael McLaverty Short Story Award, 2014.
9. An entry fee of £5 Sterling must accompany each individual entry. Entries without this fee will
not be considered.
10. All cheques should be made payable to the Linen Hall Library. Please do not enclose cash.
11. No more than ONE story may be submitted by any entrant.
12. The decision of the adjudicators is final.
13. Winners and runners-up ONLY will be notified.
14. The adjudicators will not enter into any correspondence concerning the competition.
15. The staff of the Linen Hall Library will not enter into any correspondence concerning the
16. Should an appropriate standard not be achieved, no award will be presented.
17. The Linen Hall Library reserves the right to select for publication such entries as may be
deemed appropriate, in any year.
18. The Linen Hall Library will liaise with successful authors in preparing texts for publication.
19. The award will be presented at the Linen Hall Library in the month of November 2014.
Linen Hall Library
17 Donegall Square North,