Thursday, 12 June 2014
Paper Nautilus 2014 Vella Chapbook Contest - August 15th 2014
- Manuscripts may be between 16 – 24 pages.
- Please include a title page with ONLY the title, a table of contents, and an acknowledgements page (not included in page count).
- Please do NOT include any identifying information in the manuscript.
- Open to poetry, fiction, and mixed- or hybrid-genre works (prose poems, flash fiction, lyrical short-shorts, a short story sandwiched between a dozen poems, one long-ish short story, 24 pages of poems, and any other combination that might be missing in this list).
- Thematically-linked works are encouraged, but not required. Quality is the only criteria.
- Collection as a whole must be unpublished, but individual publications are fine.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please withdraw it immediately if someone else snatches up your amazing work before we do.
- Prize: 100 copies of your winning chapbook, ISBN included, to use however you’d like (sell them, give them away, make a modern art installation in your living room, etc.) Paper Nautilus will be selling an additional limited number of copies through our website or at literary events, but the rest are yours.
- Entry fee: $11, payable through Submittable
- Entry period: May 15th – August 15th.
- Expected announcement of winner: (approximately) November 1st, 2014.
- Expected date of publication: (approximately) May 2015.
- Contest entries will be judged by Lisa Mangini, Paper Nautilus Editor in Chief
Once the contest goes live in just a few days, you’ll be able to submit your manuscripts at our Submittable site, at:https://papernautilus.submittable.com/submit
Have you started, or completed, a novel with strong, credible characters and a page turning plot? Have you honed the first chapter? Can y...
Categories Children’s , Drama , Fiction , General , Horror , Journalism , Mystery , Nonfiction , Personal Journals , Plays , Romance , Scien...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...