Thursday, 26 June 2014
Stephen F. Austin State University Press 2014 - Deadline July 31, 2014
Stephen F. Austin State University Press invites submissions of manuscripts each year for its fiction prize.
We are committed to publishing diverse kinds of fiction by a diversity of writers. The only criterion is excellence.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):
• The series is open to all book-length manuscripts by a single author of at least 150 pages. Stories or excerpts previously published in periodicals or anthologies are eligible for inclusion.
• The editor requests that faculty, staff, and current or former students refrain from submitting to the series.
• Submissions will be accepted from January 1 through July 31, 2014.
• Please do not send revisions once you have sent a manuscript. Up to four manuscripts will be chosen in addition to the winner.
• Manuscripts should be typed or machine-printed, double-spaced.
• Xeroxed copies are acceptable. Please do not bind manuscripts with anything other than a binder clip or rubber band. No electronic submissions will be considered.
• There is a reading fee of $25 payable by check or money order to Stephen F. Austin State University Press. Please do not send cash.
• Simultaneously submitted manuscripts are allowed provided we are notified immediately of acceptance elsewhere.
• All entries will be judged anonymously. Please enclose two title pages with your submission: one page should include only the title of the manuscript and the other should list the title of the manuscript and the author's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a brief, biographical statement. The author's name must not appear anywhere in the manuscript. If you wish to be notified that your manuscript was received, please include an SAS postcard-small index cards will not be accepted by the post-office.
• If you submit a #10 SASE along with your manuscript, you will be notified of our decisions by January 31, 2014. Otherwise, check our Web site in mid-January, where the winners will be announced. Manuscripts will be recycled rather than returned.
Send your manuscript and reading fee to:
Stephen F. Austin State University Press Fiction Prize
C/O Department of English
P.O. Box 13007 SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3007
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...
First prize: £5,000 One of the largest short story prizes, the winning story features in our anthology, so you will see your words in print...