Thursday, 12 June 2014
Stephen F. Austin State University Poetry Prize - Deadline July 31, 2014
One winner and up to four finalists will be published in 2015
Stephen F. Austin State University Press invites submissions of manuscripts each year for its Poetry series.
We are committed to publishing diverse kinds of poetry. The only criterion is excellence.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):
• The series is open to all book-length manuscripts by a single author of at least 60 pages. Poems previously published in periodicals or anthologies are eligible for inclusion.
• The editor requests that faculty, staff, and current or former students refrain from submitting to the series.
• Submissions will be accepted through July 31, 2014.
• Please do not send revisions once you have sent a manuscript. Up to five manuscripts will be chosen in addition to the winner of the $1000 prize.
• Manuscripts should be typed or machine-printed. Xeroxed copies are acceptable. Please do not bind manuscripts with anything other than a binder clip or rubber band. No electronic submissions will be considered.
• There is a reading fee of $25 payable by check or money order to Stephen F. Austin State University Press. Please do not send cash.
• Simultaneously submitted manuscripts are allowed provided we are notified immediately of acceptance elsewhere.
• All entries will be judged anonymously. Please enclose two title pages with your submission: one page should include only the title of the manuscript and the other should list the title of the manuscript and the author's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a brief, biographical statement. The author's name must not appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
• If you wish to be notified that your manuscript was received, please include an SAS postcard-small index cards will not be accepted by the post-office.
• If you submit a #10 SASE along with your manuscript. Otherwise, check our Web site,where the winners will be announced. Manuscripts will be recycled rather than returned.
Send your manuscript and reading fee to:
Stephen F. Austin State University Press Poetry Prize
C/O Department of English
P.O. Box 13007 SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3007
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...