Thursday, 12 June 2014
The Cobalt Review
Check out the Cobalt Review and Cobalt Press submission manager.Their second annual print volume is currently available over at CobaltPress.org/store.html (or you can purchase at a discount when you submit to the 2014 Writing Prizes).
Please read theirguidelines carefully. Each category has its own expectations. They're not super-picky, but it helps when you follow the directions.
Online Publishing Schedule:
June: 70-80% poetry, 20-30% prose
July: All-Star Weekend All-Baseball Issue (all genres accepted)
September: 100% prose
December: 100% poetry
March: 100% prose
Some overall notes/requests:
1. Web submissions of prose cannot exceed 3,000 words at a time.
2. We don't mind simultaneous submissions, but it does feel a little insulting when you're withdrawing a submission less than 24 hours after we receive it with the note "Accepted elsewhere." If you want us to dedicate meaningful amounts of time to you, you should be willing to do the same for us. Send your work our way because you love what we do and because you believe you're a good fit. Otherwise, let's not waste time.
3. We do not accept previously published work (except for the Baseball Writing Prize). If you have any questions regarding these submission guidelines, or what we consider "previously published" contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The best way to get a sense of what we love is to read our print issues, which include prize winners, finalists, and some of our favorite fiction, non-fiction, and poetry selections from Cobalt's online publications. Order print issues at CobaltPress.org.
5. We are accepting work specifically for the print publications. There are many who still prefer this medium, and we respect that. We read on a rolling basis, and we will continue to accept submissions for Volume 3 until 9/30/2014.
7. All online content is eligible to be published in the annual print issues, though only a few from each category are selected each year. Online content eligible for Volume 3 must be published between 9/10/2013 and 9/9/2014.
CLICK ON EACH CATEGORY TO VIEW SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
Oh, and here's a new rule: Contributor bios can be no longer than 200 characters. Please reread that. I said characters. If your bio is too long, we will not edit it, nor return it to you. Rather, we will make something up, and it will be silly.
2014 Contest (except Baseball) General Guidelines + Prizes
$10.00 submission fee (submitters can also purchase a discounted copy of Volume 2 for $7.50 with free shipping - $17.50 total).
Multiple entries are permitted, but author must pay separate submission fees for each entry.
Simultaneous submissions will be considered. Please let us know if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
We’re thrilled to announce the Leicester Writes Short Story Prize 2021 is now open for entries. We’re looking for new and original fiction ...
Aesthetica Creative Writing Award The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talen...
RTÉ SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2020 INVITES SUBMISSIONS RTÉ has today invited short story submissions for one of Ireland's longest est...
First Prize: €500 The NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2020 is organised as part of the county’s literature development programme. It is funded...