Saturday, 21 June 2014
Torbay Open Poetry Competition - Deadline 15th August 2014
TO ENTER ON LINE:
1. Please go to 'events' and find 'competition entries'.
2. All entries should conform to the rules set out below regarding lay-out, line no's etc. The electronic entry should also contain details of name, address, contact email of the poet and a statement that they agree to abide by the rules of the competition. Send poems and covering sheet via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will go to the administrator when payment is received through paypal.
1. Poems must be original, unpublished and not accepted for publication. They should be written in English and not exceed 50 lines.
2. Each poem must be typed, single-spaced on one side of A4 paper which must not bear the name of the author or any form of identification. The titles of poems and name and address of the poet should be clearly listed on the entry form or a separate sheet of A4 paper where young poets under 18 are invited to disclose their age if they so wish.
3. The entry fee is �4.00 per poem, or 4 poems for �15.00.
4. Receipt of entry will be acknowledged if a stamped, addressed postcard marked `Receipt` is enclosed with the entry.
5. A list of winners will be sent if a stamped addressed envelope marked `Prizewinners` is enclosed with the entry.
6. Copyright will remain with the author, but the organisers reserve the right to publish any of the winning or commended poems up to one year after the end of the competition.
7. The awards will be announced at the Torbay Poetry Festival. The winning poets will be notified in advance and invited to attend the Prizegiving Party to receive their prize. No cash alternative is offered for the subsiduary prizes. All short-listed poets will be invited to read their short-listed entry.
8. The judge�s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the results. The poems will not be returned.
9. The organisers reserve the right to return poems and entry fees if the need arises.
10. Neither the judge nor organisers are eligible to enter the competition.
11. The judge will read ALL the entries.
12. Cheques/POs should be made payable to Torbay Poetry and sent together with the poems and author�s details to:
The Administrator, c/o 6 The Mount, Brixham, South Devon TQ5 8QY, UK.
British writer Paul Torday (1946-2013) published his first novel Salmon Fishing in the Yemen aged 60. The Torday family have set up the...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...
North West Words has launched two 2017 English and Irish language adult poetry competitions sponsored by Aurivo and Ealaín na Gaeltachta. ...