For published and aspiring writers alike - enter the Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2015 short story competition and you could win:
a cash prize of £500
a place on an Arvon residential writing course of your choice
publication of your story on www.writersandartists.co.uk
We're offering you the chance to win £500, plus a place on an Arvon writing course of your choice! All you have to do is enter a short story (for adults) of no more than 2,000 words, on the theme of 'Joy' and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with "WAYB15 competition" as the subject line.
The closing date is midnight on Sunday 15th February 2015. The winners of the competition will be announced on this site in March 2015.
Arvon run four historic writing houses in the UK, where published writers lead week-long residential courses. Covering a diverse range of genres, from poetry and fiction to screenwriting and comedy, Arvon courses have provided inspiration to thousands of people at all stages of their writing lives. Find out more and book a course online at www.arvon.org
Don't forget to read the full details, terms and conditions (below) before you enter. Please remember to register on www.writersandartists.co.uk before submitting your entry.
Terms and conditions
These are the full terms and conditions for the Writers’ and Artists’ Yearbook Short Story Competition 2015.
1. No purchase necessary, but entrants must be registered on www.writersandartists.co.uk.
2. The competition is open to all ages, professions and nationalities.
3. All entries must be original unpublished prose of 2,000 words or fewer.
4. Writers may submit one entry only.
5. Winners will be notified at the email address stated in their entry. Sign-up for the Writing newsletter here if you want to be notified about the winner or check back on www.writersandartists.co.uk. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook, where competition updates will also be posted.
6. Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject heading: 'WAYB15 competition'
Please include your email address and other contact details in the body of the email. Your entry can appear in the body of the email or as an email attachment.
7. Your entry must be submitted before midnight on Sunday 15th February, 2015. Entries will not be accepted after this date.
8. By submitting, all entrants thereby grant The Bloomsbury Publishing Group the right to publish their entry on www.writersandartists.co.uk in the event of their work being shortlisted and/or winning the competition.
9. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group cannot accept responsibility for entries which are not received or which are received after the closing date due to technical failure or for any other reason.
10. Winners agree to participate in publicity events in connection with the competition.
11. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group and the winners may enter into agreements which will grant The Bloomsbury Publishing Group the publishing, broadcasting, serial and electronic rights in the shortlisted and winning entries.
12. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group reserves the right to change the rules of this competition without notice.
13. The winner of the competition will be notified in March 2015 and the winning entry published on www.writersandartists.co.uk.
14. Prizes must be taken by 31 December 2015 and are subject to availability.
15. The decision of the competition judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Employees of The Bloomsbury Publishing Group, and members of their immediate family, are excluded from participating in the competition.
17. We may, from time to time, inform you of new books and special offers that we think will be of interest.
18. Please send direct competition queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Blog is mainly about creative writing,writing competitions, writing contests, poetry contests,poetry competitions, writing quotes and other useful writing information. I will, when I find them, post information on writers' workshops, tutorials and other creative links. I hope you enjoy! You may buy books in the corner Book Store safe in the knowledge you have all the protection of Amazon.Please pass on URL to any writer friends.
Sunday, 13 July 2014
Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2015 Short Story Competition - Deadline midnight on Sunday 15th February 2015.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Anthology Poetry Award
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.