Friday, 8 August 2014
Annual Short Story Competition 2014 South African Writers Circle - Deadline :30th September 2014 #writing #writingcompetitions #competitions #shortstory
Annual Short Story Competition 2014
Rules and Guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: e-mail entries ONLY
GENRE: Short Story (fiction only)
WORD COUNT: 3000 words
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2014
FEE: The entry fee is R50 for members and R60 for non-members. If you would like to receive a critique of your entry an additional R10 is payable. You may submit more than one entry, each with the prescribed fee/s. Please note payment made by cheque has a surcharge of R15 to cover the additional fees we are charged.
1) All competition submissions must be in English.
2) Entries may not exceed 3000 words.
3) Entries must not have been previously published nor been placed in any competitions.
4) The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
5) Entries will be judged on literary merit, use of imagination and ability to enthrall.
6) Entries must be double spaced.
7) Provide a cover page for your entry. This must contain the title of the work, your pseudonym, and the number of words. The author’s actual name or address must not appear on the cover page or anywhere in the submitted work. Your name should only appear on the entry form (see below).
8) Attach an entry form with each entry.
10) All entries must be e-mailed to the competitions manager at email@example.com
11) Payment: EFT payments or direct deposits only. EFT payments must include a reference (minimum of the first three letters of your surname plus your first initial and AC (for example, SoaJ-AC). A copy of the deposit slip/EFT payment or emailed notification must accompany each entry.
SA Writers’ Circle, Standard Bank, Current Account, Hillcrest Branch: 045726,
Account Number: 250780119
Winners will be announced on the website, Facebook, Twitter and in the SAWC Newsletter. Prizewinners will receive their prizes at the SAWC Annual Awards Lunch 2015.
1st PRIZE — The Francis Bond Trophy, R1 000, your story published in the SAWC Newsletter, Write Now!, SAWC pen
2nd PRIZE — R500, SAWC pen and a trophy
3rd PRIZE — R250, SAWC pen and a trophy
5 HIGHLY COMMENDED ENTRIES — SAWC pen and a trophy
We’re thrilled to announce the Leicester Writes Short Story Prize 2021 is now open for entries. We’re looking for new and original fiction ...
First Prize: €500 The NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2020 is organised as part of the county’s literature development programme. It is funded...
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
On the theme of 'Gardens' Until the end of July, we're looking for short stories on a theme of 'gardens': "Private...