Aquillrelle Poetry Contest 6
1. Participants must be above 18 years of age, or sponsored by such a person.
2. Any style accepted for this contest (except: rhyme and haiku) – free style, nature, family, erotica, personal, society, humor, etc.
3. We apply no censorship; however, it is fair to tell you up front that poems encouraging hate, violence, pornography, derogation of others, drug abuse, and similar – have no chance of winning. Of course, if such aspects are relevant and necessary as part of the “story” – then there is no problem in using them.
4. The specific conditions of each individual contest must be adhered to.
5. Proven plagiarism will result in indefinite banning from the site.
6. Previous Main Contest winners are not eligible to enter this contest.
7. Previously published poems or winners of other contests can be submitted to the Aquillrelle Main Contest, provided that you are the poet and copyright holder.
8. Poet keeps copyright of his/her entry at any time.
9. Some of the poems will be considered for an eventual inclusion into a contest's Anthology.
Participation and prizes
1 - Entry fees:
- 1 Poem: $5
- 2 Poems: $8
- every additional poem: $1 (e.g. total 3 poems $9, total 4 poems $10, etc.)
2 - Each participant can submit any number of poems.
3 - We will have 3 main $ prizes and 3 shortlisted book prizes:
- 1st Prize: 50% of the total contest revenue and a gold certificate.
- 2nd Prize: 30% of the total contest revenue and a silver certificate.
- 3rd Prize: 20% of the total contest revenue and a bronze certificate.
- Shortlisted places 4, 5 and 6 will receive each one copy of The Aquillrelle Wall of Poetry, book two.
4 - The winning and 3 top shortlisted poems will be published on-line. These poets will also be asked to submit (voluntarily) a picture and a short bio.
5 - The $ prize winners will have to accept their prize inside 1 month from the email informing them of the win, otherwise the prize will be declared forfeit.
Present contest specifics
This contest is not anonymous, yet no favoritism will be extended :) - the decisions will be based on the quality of the poems (as perceived by the judges) alone. The judges’ decision is final.
1 - Submission period 14 February 2014 to 15 September 2014. This date may be extended 1 month, depending on the number of entries.
2 - Contest results published before December 31, 2014.
3 - Poems' subject: be the voice of your shoes; poems that are not related to this subject have no chance to win.
4 - Length maximum 25 lines, blank lines and titles excluded. Each poem must have a title.
5 - Accepted document formats: DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT.
6 - No corrections accepted after submission.
1 - poems should be sent as attachments to emails (DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT) or in the body of the email. SUBJECT: Aquillrelle Poetry Contest 6.
2 - pay the relevant sums to our Paypal account [aquillrelleATyahoo.com], defining the reason as "service".
3 - if you send poems in several sessions, relevant payment should/can take into account the total number of poems you sent. We will keep track, so should you :) .
4 - unpaid poems will be disqualified; we will not chase payments.
5 - there will be no refund of payments done for this contest.
6 - if your Paypal email/address is different from your Email email/address, please let us know, so that we can correctly allocate the payments.