This Blog is mainly about creative writing,writing competitions, writing contests, poetry contests,poetry competitions, writing quotes and other useful writing information. I will, when I find them, post information on writers' workshops, tutorials and other creative links. I hope you enjoy! You may buy books in the corner Book Store safe in the knowledge you have all the protection of Amazon.Please pass on URL to any writer friends.
Sunday, 3 August 2014
Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Book Prize - American Writers only - Deadline November 15, 2014.
• The Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Series Book Competition is open to all American writers, regardless of previous publication.
• Poetry collections must be at least 48 pages. Translations are not accepted, nor are "New & Selected" or "Collected" manuscripts including work from previously published books. Previous journal and chapbook publications are OK.
• The initial screening will be directed by Kathryn Nuernberger. The initial screeners will choose ten or more finalist manuscripts, which will be forwarded to a well-known judge for selection of the winning collection.The judge for 2014-5 will be Adrian Matejka.
• The winning writer will receive $2000 and the winning collection will be published in paperback (1,000 copies) by Pleiades Press and nationally distributed by Louisiana State University Press. In addition, the winning writer will be invited to read at the University of Central Missouri.
HOW TO SUBMIT
• We prefer online submissions. The reading fee is $25 for each manuscript submitted, and includes a one-year subscription to Pleiades. To begin the online submission process, click here:
Submit Online to the Lena-Miles Wever Todd Prize
• All submissions must be uploaded (or postmarked) by November 15, 2014.
• With each manuscript, include two cover sheets: one with the title of the manuscript, your name, telephone number, and address—the other with only the title of the book. Finalists manuscripts will be sent to the judge without identification.
• Poems previously published in journals, chapbooks, or anthologies are acceptable. If poems in the manuscript have been previously published, enclose an acknowledgements page.
• If you would prefer to submit the old fashioned way, you can still do so: Send one copy of a complete poetry book manuscript of at least 48 pages to:
Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Prize
Department of English, Martin 336
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093
• If you send through the regular mail, include a check or money order made out to Pleiades Press for $25.
• Each regular-mail entry should be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE).
• No screener may previously know or have published any poet whose work (s)he considers for the contest. As such, no one who has published work in Pleiades within the last five years will have his/her manuscript screened by any poetry editor of the journal. Manuscripts submitted by such contributors to the journal will, instead, be sent to screeners at another location. We respectfully request that former students or colleagues of the LMWT judge—as well as any poet whose relationship with the judge constitutes an unfair conflict of interest—refrain from entering the contest. All finalists will be asked to confirm that they have no conflict of interest with the judge. The LMWT staff reserves the right to disqualify entries deemed conflicts of interest and will return those entry fees.
• Further questions about the Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Series can be directed to Kathryn Nuernberger.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Anthology Poetry Award
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.