Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Wild Light Poetry Contest - Deadline: October 15, 2014
Red Hen Press and The Los Angeles Review are pleased to announce the second annual Wild Light contest. A prize of $1,000 and publication in The Los Angeles Review are given annually for an exceptional poem. Brendan Constantine is the final judge.
• Submissions for the Wild Light Prize are accepted via Submittable only for $25 USD.
• The contest opens June 1, 2014, and closes October 15, 2014.
• Please submit up to three poems of up to 200 lines each. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if a poem is accepted elsewhere.
• Only previously unpublished poems are considered for the Wild Light Prize. Entries are not considered for general inclusion in The Los Angeles Review.
• On the first page of each submission, include author’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
• The winner will be selected in early 2015 and announced via our website, a Red Hen Press press release.
• The winning poem will be published in The Los Angeles Review, Issue 18.
• Please direct questions to email@example.com
Palestinian author Ahmed Miqdad and co-Author Balqis MZ, delivers his fourth book (a short novel) about living under occupation in Gaza...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...