Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Wild Light Poetry Contest - Deadline: October 15, 2014
Red Hen Press and The Los Angeles Review are pleased to announce the second annual Wild Light contest. A prize of $1,000 and publication in The Los Angeles Review are given annually for an exceptional poem. Brendan Constantine is the final judge.
• Submissions for the Wild Light Prize are accepted via Submittable only for $25 USD.
• The contest opens June 1, 2014, and closes October 15, 2014.
• Please submit up to three poems of up to 200 lines each. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if a poem is accepted elsewhere.
• Only previously unpublished poems are considered for the Wild Light Prize. Entries are not considered for general inclusion in The Los Angeles Review.
• On the first page of each submission, include author’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
• The winner will be selected in early 2015 and announced via our website, a Red Hen Press press release.
• The winning poem will be published in The Los Angeles Review, Issue 18.
• Please direct questions to email@example.com
The 2020 National Poetry Competition is now open for entries! Start your entry by following this link.
RTÉ SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2020 INVITES SUBMISSIONS RTÉ has today invited short story submissions for one of Ireland's longest est...
Aesthetica Creative Writing Award The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talen...
Voices 2020: Our Judges We have a fantastic expert panel of judges lined up for Voices 2020, featuring authors, poets and journalists, some ...