Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Wild Light Poetry Contest - Deadline: October 15, 2014
Red Hen Press and The Los Angeles Review are pleased to announce the second annual Wild Light contest. A prize of $1,000 and publication in The Los Angeles Review are given annually for an exceptional poem. Brendan Constantine is the final judge.
• Submissions for the Wild Light Prize are accepted via Submittable only for $25 USD.
• The contest opens June 1, 2014, and closes October 15, 2014.
• Please submit up to three poems of up to 200 lines each. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately at email@example.com if a poem is accepted elsewhere.
• Only previously unpublished poems are considered for the Wild Light Prize. Entries are not considered for general inclusion in The Los Angeles Review.
• On the first page of each submission, include author’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
• The winner will be selected in early 2015 and announced via our website, a Red Hen Press press release.
• The winning poem will be published in The Los Angeles Review, Issue 18.
• Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re thrilled to announce the Leicester Writes Short Story Prize 2021 is now open for entries. We’re looking for new and original fiction ...
First Prize: €500 The NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2020 is organised as part of the county’s literature development programme. It is funded...
Born in 2017, the Society of Spanish Researchers invites talented and original writers to write a 100-word blurb for a hypothetical novel. T...
On the theme of 'Gardens' Until the end of July, we're looking for short stories on a theme of 'gardens': "Private...