Tuesday, 7 October 2014
Huge Jam Writing Competition
For writers aged 4-18-years-old
1. Entries must be received by 6pm, November 3rd.
2. Every entry must be accompanied by an entry form.
3. One pupil may enter more than one story.
4. Stories should be between 500 and 1000 words in length, but we
understand that pupils in EYFS/KS1and some SEN pupils will write
less. There is therefore no strict minimum word limit.
5. Stories MUST be the pupils’ own unaided work, though teachers
and parents can help with ideas at the start of the process if
needed. If teachers want to set the same title for the whole class
to write about this is acceptable, though not advised.
6. There will only be one winner from each school, and the winning
story will be selected from any key stage. However where there is
more than one story of winning quality the age of the writers
might be taken into consideration.
7. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence relating to
the outcomes will be entered into.
8. Five national winners will be selected from all of the entries
received, regardless of school: one winner from each key stage.
9. Prizes are as detailed below. No cash alternatives will be offered.
Prizes: All entrants will receive a bookmark and certificate. One winner from each
school will have his or her story published as an illustrated ebook. Five overall winners
will win signed illustrations from their published books and (optional) website publicity.
Perito Prize The Perito Prize is an international, annual, short fiction competition run by Perito Ltd 2019 celebrated the first year of th...
The annual HG Wells Fiction Short Story Competition offers a £500 Senior and £1,000 Junior prize and free publication of all shortlisted en...
First prize: £5,000 One of the largest short story prizes, the winning story features in our anthology, so you will see your words in print...