Friday, 3 October 2014
InkTears International Short Story Competition 2014
(If you looking for our flash fiction competition, that opens on 01 Feb 2015 - in the meantime, please have a go at our short story contest!).
There are six prizes which will be awarded by the InkTears judging panel:
• Winner: £1,000
• Runner-up: £100
• 4x Highly Commended: £25
All prize winners will get their:
• Story published to the InkTears Readership
• Bio published on InkTears site
Rules Of Entry
1.Submissions must be a short story between 1,000 to 3,500 words in length, written in English. Any theme is acceptable.
2.Story may have have been previously published in a magazine or online, providing the author still owns the copyright and there is no exclusivity with the prior publication
3.Alternatively, the story may be as yet unpublished.
4.Work must be entirely the work of the entrant, and the entrant must own the full publication rights to the story.
5.Submissions must be accompanied by a bio including full details of any previous publication history of the story submitted.
6.Submissions can only be accepted online.
7.Each submission must be accompanied by an entry fee of £6.00, payable via Paypal as part of the submission process (can be paid in local currency - paypal will make the necessary transaction)
8.Multiple submissions are permitted.
9.There is no geographical restriction on entrants, entry is open to all including non-UK based writers.
10. Entrants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
11. Entrants agree to have their story published by InkTears in both electronic and paper format. Authors will retain worldwide copyright on their work with InkTears having publication rights.
12. Closing date is 30 November 2014.
13. Winners will be notified via email by 28 February 2015.
14. Full results will be posted on this website by 30 March 2015.
15. Entrants will be judged by the InkTears judging panel. The judges’ decisions are final and no individual correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entry is confirmation of your acceptance of all rules and conditions.
TO Submit Please Pay using Paypal here.
Palestinian author Ahmed Miqdad and co-Author Balqis MZ, delivers his fourth book (a short novel) about living under occupation in Gaza...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...