Tuesday, 11 November 2014
The Asian Writer Chick Lit Novel Competition
Have you always fancied writing a chick lit novel?
We’re looking for the next big thing in chick lit, a new voice whose work can resonate with British Asian women.
You’ll need to send in the first 3000 words of your novel for this competition and you’ve got til the end of June – so technically you could start today.
We’ve got an amazing judging panel ready to test drive your stories and fabulous prizes on offer for our winner.
Lorella Belli – literary agent, Lorella Belli Literary Agency
Momtaz Begum Hossain, Editorial Director, Asiana
Ayisha Malik, Editor, Cornerstones Literary Consultancy
Priya Mulji, Marketer and freelance writer, Eastern Eye and Priya’s Blog
Hotel Chocolat goody bag
A selection of books
Critique from Cornerstones Literary Consultancy
Consideration for representation by top literary agency
HOW TO ENTER
1. The Asian Writer Chick Lit Novel Competition is specifically aimed at encouraging British Asian women writers. You must be resident in the UK to enter this competition. We’re looking for a new voice so you must be unpublished and un-agented at the time of entry.
2. All entries must be original unpublished prose.
3. Entrants must submit the first 3,000 words of the novel, along with a synopsis and a short biography. Your story doesn’t have to be finished but we’d like you to get the best out of the critique so it would be advisable to complete your first draft by September 2014.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. Winners will be notified at the email address stated in their entry.
You can follow updates on our website at www.theasianwriter.co.uk, on Twitter (@theasianwriter) and our Facebook page (The Asian Writer)
6. Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject heading: The Asian Writer Chick Lit Novel Competition 2014
There is no entry fee for this competition.
Please include your name, email address, postal address and telephone number and title of your entry in the body of the email. Your entry must be sent as a word attachment as a doc file. No other formats including docx, wps, txt, or pdf will be accepted. Please do not put any personal details except for the title in your entry.
7. Your entry must be submitted before midnight on Monday 30th June, 2014. Entries will not be accepted after this date and we will only acknowledge entries upon request.
8. Dahlia Publishing cannot accept responsibility for entries which are not received or which are received after the closing date due to technical failure or for any other reason.
9. Winners agree to participate in publicity events in connection with the competition.
10. Dahlia Publishing reserves the right to change the rules of this competition without notice.
11. The short-listed entrants (maximum 10) of the competition will be notified by August 2014 and the winning entry will be decided by September 2014.
12. Any prizes offered must be taken by 31st December 2014 and are subject to availability.
13. The decision of the competition judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Employees of Dahlia Publishing, and members of their immediate family, are excluded from participating in the competition.
15. We may, from time to time, inform you of new books and special offers that we think will be of interest.
16. Please send direct competition queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
These are the full terms and conditions for The Asian Writer Chick Lit Novel Competition 2014
Do not send queries in the comments box on our website as these will be unanswered.
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
About the Prize 1st Prize: - €1000 - a week's residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre - paid travel expenses (up to €600) and 4 nights a...