2014 STORGY SHORT STORY COMPETITION
1st Prize – £200
2 Runner Up Awards – The Writers & Artists Yearbook
No Entry Fee
Submissions for the 2014 STORGY Short Story Competition will be accepted from 1st November 2014
The deadline for receipt of entries is 11.00pm December 12th 2014
How to Enter
Applicants are encouraged to submit online to email@example.com as early as possible before the deadline.
Instructions for Entering by Email
1) Type and format the short story as per the following instructions: Save as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) with the story title and author identity in the file name.
One entry per author
Written in English
A maximum of 5,000 words
Font: any font, 12pt, black
Front page with title of the story, author name, and word count
2) Save as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) with the author name and story title in the file.
3) Attach the file to an email with the subject line ‘2014 STORGY Short Story Competition’.
4) Send submissions for the 2014 STORGY Short Story Competition to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Please ‘like‘ our Facebook page and share details of the competition with friends and family.
Entries not submitted in accordance with the Entry Instructions and Entry terms and Conditions will not be eligible for consideration.
Entry Terms and Conditions
1) All entries will be read by at least two (2) STORGY contributors and a shortlist of exceptional short stories will be presented to David James Poissant from which a winning story and two runner up stories will be selected.
2) The winning award is worth £200.
3) The runner up award is the Artists & Writers Yearbook.
1) The Award is open to all – except current and former students of the judge.
2) The story must not contain more than 5,000 words.
3) The entry must be submitted by the author or his/her representative.
4) Only one entry per author permitted.
5) Authors can only enter individually and not as part of a writing team.
6) The story entered must be unpublished.
7) The story submitted must be original, fictional, and entirely the author’s own work.
8) Entries are limited to stories written in English.
By submitting a story for the award the entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the winning or any other shortlisted story will be made available on the STORGY website free of any fees or royalty payments.
The STORGY Short Story Award will be looking for the best new writing and will consider all entries on the basis of quality and originality of prose and narrative voice. The Award aims to support excellence in the short story genre.
Judging of the Award will be as follows:
1) All entries will be read by STORGY contributors against the Award criterion and a shortlist presented to David James Poissant for judging.
2) Shortlisted and winning writers will be contacted personally by email.
3) The voting outcome is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Due to the free entry nature of the STORGY Short Story Competition, we ask that all entrants ‘like’ our Facebook page and invite others to enjoy and share the wonderful writing published at STORGY.
We look forward to reading your Short Stories and wish you the best of luck for the 2014 STORGY Short Story Competition.
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.