Prizes: 1st Prize £100, 2nd Prize £50, 3rd Prize £25
Closing Date: This competition is now open with a closing date of 12th January 2015
1. Entries must be a fictional short story of up to 2000 words on any theme.
2. Entries must be on A4, double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page.
3. The author’s name must not appear on any page either as a header or in the content.
4. All entries must be the original work of the Author, must not have been published before the date of submission and must be accompanied by a single page containing the author's name, address and telephone number.
5. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
6. Do keep a copy of your entry, manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. The judges’ view is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with the award of the prize or the critiques.
8. Results will be announced by the end of January and Prize winners will be published on this site.
9. Entries may be made by E mail (preferred), as a Word document, or by post.
10. Entering the competition gives Henshawpress the once only permission to publish the story in an anthology.
11. Receipt of all entries will be acknowledged by e-mail or by post where no e-mail address is available.
Each entry by post must be accompanied by a cheque for £5 payable to G. Jennings and sent to:
The Henshaw Competition
24 Rowlandson Close
Entries by E-mail should pay the appropriate fee using the button below and send their story separately to:-
For an extra £5 the judges will provide a critique of a story after the results of the competition have been published.
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.