Monday, 19 January 2015
The High Sheriff's Cheshire Prize for Literature 2015 #seanocaroaln.com #Writing #Contests #Competitions
This year's competition is for Short Stories.
The prize-winner will receive £2000 and additional prize money of £750 will be awarded and the best entries will be published.
The 2015 Cheshire Prize for Literature is for a previously unpublished short story. The entry should not exceed 1500 words.
The Competition is open to residents of Cheshire, Warrington, Wirral and Halton including those who have ever lived or worked in the area.
The first prize is £2,000 and there are runners' up prizes of £750 which are awarded at the judges' discretion.
Rules and Conditions
1. The writer must have been born, live or have lived, study or have studied, work or have worked, in Cheshire. For the purposes of the Prize, Cheshire is deemed to include the Wirral, as well as Warrington and Halton. Documentary evidence of eligibility may be required.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over on 1st September 2015.
3. Entries must be received by 1st September 2015. Three typed, (non-returnable) copies of the entry should be sent to: The Cheshire Prize for Literature, University of Chester, Parkgate Road, Chester, CH1 4BJ. The writer’s name should not feature on the entry itself. A covering letter should include the writer’s name and address, telephone number and/or email address, and the title of the entry submitted. Alternatively, email entries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, the entry must be attached as a Word document with a separate Word document attached containing a covering letter. There is no charge for entering the competition. Entrants may submit only one entry. Entrants from outside the county must state the reason for their eligibility.
4. Entries will be judged anonymously, by a panel chaired by Dr Ian Seed, from the Department of English at the University of Chester. The decision of the judging panel will be final. No correspondence can be entered into concerning individual entries.
6. By entering the competition the writer consents to their work being published.
Enquiries about eligibility, or requests for further information, should be directed to:
The Cheshire Prize for Literature,
University of Chester
Tel: 01244 511344
If you would like to be added to the mailing list for The Cheshire Prize for Literature, please click here
BRIDPORT short story entry 1st prize £5000 (approx 7890 US$, 6340 Euro) 2nd prize £1000 (approx 1570 US$, 1260 Euro) 3rd prize £500...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...
Categories Children’s , Drama , Fiction , General , Horror , Journalism , Mystery , Nonfiction , Personal Journals , Plays , Romance , Scien...
North West Words has launched two 2017 English and Irish language adult poetry competitions sponsored by Aurivo and Ealaín na Gaeltachta. ...