The Notting Hill Editions Essay Prize
Essay Prize Competition Terms and Conditions
The Notting Hill Editions Essay Prize Competition (“Competition”)
1. T&Cs - By entering this Competition you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions and acknowledge that failure to comply with them may result in disqualification. The Competition shall be void where prohibited by local law. All national and local laws and regulations shall apply.
2. Entrants - This Competition is open to anyone except for employees of Notting Hill Editions (‘Promoter’), their families and any other company connected with the Competition. The Promoter will accept multiple entries per entrant. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
3. Dates - The Prize will open for submissions at Midnight (GMT) on February 24th 2015. Essay entries will be accepted until midnight (GMT) 1st May 2015 (‘closing date’). The winning entrant and runners-up will be notified by the Promoter in October 2015. The name of the winning entrant and runners-up will be announced on October 3rd 2015. If the prize is declined or unclaimed by the winner, or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within 5 business days of notification, a replacement winner may be selected at the Promoter’s discretion and will be notified by the Promoter. The original entry that was selected will then be forfeited.
4. Prizes - The following prizes shall be provided by the Promoter: £20,000 (twenty thousand pounds Sterling) to the winning entrant, £1,000 (one thousand pounds Sterling) each to five runners up.
5. Copyright / Ownership - Copyright in the works submitted remains with the authors, but Notting Hill Editions reserves the right to publish or reprint the winning entries in a dedicated collection.
6. Entry Specifications - Entrants are advised to retain a copy of entries as the Promoter will be unable to return any submitted entry. Each entry must be:
(a) in English;
(b) Between 2,000 and 8,000 words in length;
(c) an original work of which the entrant is the author;
(d) it must be clearly indicated if it has been previously professionally or commercially published, with all publication and rights information stated, and with non-exclusive world reprint rights available for Notting Hill Editions to reprint winners in book and electronic form;
(e) complete in itself; (i.e. not a fragment of a larger work) and
(f) submitted via the Notting Hill Editions website (http://www.nottinghilleditions.com/essay-prize): double-spaced, set in 12-point type, with numbered pages.
(g) No English translation of a book written originally in any other language is eligible.
(h) All published entries must only have been published in online or periodical form, no entries that have been published in book form will be accepted.
(i) All published entries must be published for the first time between January 1st 2014 and April 30th 2015.
(j) All entries must include a cover letter including the author's name, title of the submission and a two-sentence definition of the essay as a form.
(k) The author's name must not appear anywhere on the work itself.
(l) The entry fee must be paid.
(m)It is a condition of entry that the winner and runners-up will be required to attend the prize-giving ceremony. (Reasonable travel expenses to be included in the prize money).
7. Unacceptable Entries - Entries received after the closing date and/or which are not in accordance with the entry requirements set out at clause 6 will not be accepted.
8. Warranties - By submitting an entry, you warrant to the Promoter that your entry is original to you, does not infringe copyright or any other intellectual property right and does not defame or invade the privacy rights of any third party, or infringe any other legal rights, regulations or laws.
9. Events - Events may occur which render the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prizes or amend these Terms and Conditions with or without notice.
10. Judges - The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to their decisions or the Competition. Experienced readers assist the judges in selecting the “long list”.
11. Winning Entrant - The winning entrant and runners-up also agree to the Promoter’s use of his/her name and photograph in relation to publicity material. The Promoter reserves the right to edit the winning and runners-up entries in respect of publication.
12. Data - Personal details will only be retained and used by the Promoter for the purposes of this Competition and will be deleted thereafter, unless the box above has been ticked, in which case personal details will be retained as indicated. Personal details will not be passed on to third parties.
13. Miscellaneous –
13.1 The result of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13.2 The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the Competition or for taking up the Prizes. The Promoter gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize and accepts no responsibility or liability for the Prize being amended by the Promoter. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter excludes liability for all loss, damage or claim arising as a result of the participant’s entry into the Competition or use of the Prize.
13.4 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14. The Promoter - The Promoter’s contact details are: Notting Hill Editions, 2 The Old Vicarage, Broadhembury, Honiton, Devon EX14 3ND United Kingdom.
Any enquiries relating to the prize should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Blog is mainly about creative writing,writing competitions, writing contests, poetry contests,poetry competitions, writing quotes and other useful writing information. I will, when I find them, post information on writers' workshops, tutorials and other creative links. I hope you enjoy! You may buy books in the corner Book Store safe in the knowledge you have all the protection of Amazon.Please pass on URL to any writer friends.
Monday, 27 April 2015
The Notting Hill Editions Essay Prize #seanocarolan.com #Writing #contest #competition
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Anthology Poetry Award
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.