Wednesday, 16 December 2015
Artificium Short Story Competition #seanocarolan.com #writing #contest #competition
Enter one of our competitions and you could see your work in a future edition of Artificium, as well as taking home a cash prize.
What makes a winner? We are looking for accomplished writing, full of style and intelligence, demonstrating a passion for language. Plots and themes that intrigue, captivate, and make us think. Any genre, as long as the quality of writing is high.
Entries for our competitions can come from outside the UK, but must be in English.
All prize-winners in our competitions will be featured in Artificium; so please, no previously-published works or works which have won a prize elsewhere. Scroll down for the rules, and enter via the instructions here. Don't forget to check out the terms and conditions.
There are two prize categories:
Click here to enter
1. Please stick to the word counts to avoid being disqualified.
2. Your entry must be sent via email - no postal entries will be accepted.
3. Only the following document formats are acceptable: .rtf, .doc, .docx. Other formats will not be opened and will be disqualified.
4. In your document, ensure that your submission is clearly laid out and in a legible font. We recommend that you use our template for your submissions (see below), but if you prefer not to, please ensure that you include at the start of your document your name, contact details, title of the submission, and word count. You may also include a brief bio about yourself.
5. Please use the entry form to submit. If there is a problem with the form, please email your submissions to: email@example.com. Multiple entries can be attached to the same email.
6. Entries must be the entire work of the entrant, and must not have been previously published, self-published, broadcast, accepted for publication elsewhere (in print or online) or have won or been placed in another competition. Entries must not be a translation or modification of another author's work.
7. Each piece may only be entered in one category, but you may enter as many pieces in each category as you like.
8. Each piece must be accompanied by an entry fee:
For UK residents: £5 per entry
For Overseas (i.e. non-UK) residents: £6 per entry
9. By entering the competition you agree to the terms and conditions.
Prize winners will be contacted directly, and competition results posted on the Artificium website and on Twitter. Competition results are expected in April 2016. Prize winners will feature in a forthcomi
How to enter Thank you for your interest in the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize 2019. The Prize is for a novel by a woman over the age of 21 t...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
We are looking for a vibrant debut novel for young adults, a book set in today’s multi-cultural Britain. Sharp dialogue, a story that’s got...