Short Story Competition 2016
First prize £500
Second prize £250
Third prize £100
Plus a prize for writers in Devon of £100
Open for entries
Closing date 28th February 2016
* The competition is open to published and unpublished authors writing in any genre except children’s. Stories must not have been previously published, nor won a prize in any other competition. No story may win more than one prize.
* The maximum word limit is 3,000, but there is no lower limit.
* The entry fee per story is £6 sterling, to be paid by cheque or postal order (not cash, please) if you are entering by post. If you wish to send your story by email, you will need to pay the fee by PayPal. Please see the further postal entry or email entry rules below.
* Stories are judged anonymously.
* No stories will be returned, so make sure you keep copies of your entries.
* Once again we are offering a prize for the best story submitted by a writer living in Devon. This will be judged from all stories submitted by writers from a Devon address.
* The closing date is 28th February 2016.
* Winners will be announced in July 2016. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize-winning stories, as well as the winner of the Devon Prize, will be published on the Exeter Writers website.
* The judges’ decision is final.
Enter by POST Enter by EMAIL
Post:Exeter Writers Short Story Competition, 202 Manstone Avenue, Sidmouth, EX10 9TL
Phone: Jan Cascarini 01395 576694
A Winning Story?
You can read a variety of Exeter Writers’ work, as well as the 1st prize-winning stories for years 2009-2013 in our latest anthology,The Coastal Zoo – a good way of assessing the standard of writing you might be competing with.
Click HERE to purchase a copy.
You can also read all the previous competition winners by clicking here.