From June 17th to 21st, Paul McVeigh (author of 'The Good Son') and Amanda Saint (author of 'As If I Were A River') will be teaching short story writing at an amazing location on Chesil Beach,.
There are just 6 spaces to join us at the Short Story Retreat and you could win one of them by entering this competition.
What does the prize include?
You get your own room for four nights, all food and drink, and three master-classes during the retreat. The rest of the time you get to write, read, chat with other writers, walk on the beach, sleep, whatever you want to do! Travel isn’t included and it’s up to you to sort that out. Get the full info on the Short Story Retreat here.
How can you win it?
By writing a short story of course! A very short one. Write a flash fiction story up to 500 words starting with the sentence: “It wasn’t really great weather for the beach…
I look forward to reading your stories and maybe to retreating with you to the beach…
- £10 to enter
- Everyone that enters will also get a discount of £15.00 on the booking fee if their story doesn’t win the competition and they still want to come
- Stories must be written in English, your own original work and unpublished on-line and in print
- You can enter as many times as you like as long as you pay the fee each time
- Submit your stories through Submittable by 10pm (BST) on 10th April 2016
- Winner will be announced on 22nd April 2016
- The judge’s decision is final
- By entering the competition you agree to attend the Short Story Retreat and have your story published on the Retreat West website
- The writer of the winning story gets a free place at the Short Story Retreat and the prize is not transferable
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.