The theme of the contest this year is «Colours»
First prize: A week holiday in the island of Crete (for 2 persons)
First three winners stories published in two different anthologies (Greek and English).
Judge: Maria Psoma-Petridou
The contest runs from March 20th through June 20th, 2016
The theme of the contest this year is «Colours». The prize for the first winner is a week holiday in the island of Crete. The first three winners will see their stories published in two different anthologies (Greek and English). All the stories of the Short List will be published in a special English edition, released through amazon.com & strangedays books. Entry fee: 10 €
See more: www.eyelands.gr / English section
PRIZES & HONORABLE MENTIONS
First, Second and Third prize: publication of your story in an anthology of the shortlisted stories of the contest (Greek section), translated in Greek.
• The three prize winners will also get a free copy of the book with the winning stories of our contest & certification document & a Greek handmade ceramic from the collection of Omodamos Clayart*
All The Shortlisted stories: publication of your story in an anthology of the shortlisted stories of the contest (English section), will be released through
“Strange Days” publications and www.amazon.co.uk
* Entry fee: 10 €
*Judge: Maria Psoma Petridou
.NOTE: Free entry for the shortlisted writers of previous contests
RULES OF THE CONTEST (ENGLISH SECTION)
* Theme of the contest: «Colours».
*Entries must be short stories, of any genre, and maximum length is 2,500 words and must be previously unpublished in a book, printed magazine or web-based journal. Entries must be in English.
*This is an international contest. There is no restriction such as nationality etc of the author, but you have to be 18 years old on the 21st of March 2016 to enter the contest.
* No “eyelands” editor, judge, or relative of them, is allowed to enter.
* Entries can be submitted electronically (see below).
* Winners and the short list to be announced on September 10th, 2016
* Copyright of manuscripts remains to the author.
* In addition to the story being published on www.eyelands.gr, the author's acceptance of the prize gives eyelands.gr the right to include the story in the anthology that will appear in book form. Entry gives permission to include the three prize winners and the shortlisted stories in the book which will be published and will be available from “Strange Days” publications.
* There will be two collections of stories -one that will be published in Greek with the stories of the first three winners of English Section included and another one with all the Short Listed stories of the English Section.
ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT
Pay via paypal - See the banner in eyelands Home Page.
Click the «buy now» button. Fill the description with: Colours
Entry fee is 10.00
* After the payment is complete, you can send the e-mail with your story attached in word. doc /docx format to:
writing at the subject line: Eyelands Short Story Contest
*An email confirmation that your entry has been received will be sent within three /four days after receiving your e-mail.
*We don’t accept postal entries
* Name and address of the author are to be submitted in a separate attachment to accompany the entry.
*There is no fee for the shortlisted writers of previous contests
ABOUT THREE ROCK
Three Rock is a very special studio just a few hundred meters from Triopetra beach, one of the most beautiful beaches of Crete. Three-Rock is a unique studio with a design that combines the touch of the '60s to the current look and you can find also all the necessary amenities of a modern tourist accommodation. Designed to accommodate two to four people the studio studio is one very large furnished room of 70 sq.m., (with a separated bathroom) with a lot of space which lets you cooking, dining, relax all day if you want and can simply and easily be tailored to your tastes.
Mind that Triopetra beach is at the very centre of South Crete and that means, (provided you rent a car) easily access to places like Spili, Preveli, Plakias, Amari plateau (westward) & Agia Galini, Matala, Phestos (eastward)
THREE-ROCK (studio and apartment)
listed on: holiday lettings/ trip advisor/ house trip/air bnb
Maria Psoma Petridou
Maria was born and lives in Thessaloniki - Greece. She is an english teacher. She has published two poetry collections, "Lifetime Service" 2006, "A second pair of wings" 2010. She writes poetry & fiction in greek and in english. In 2006 she was awarded the 2nd prize for her poem "The Bate" from the Greek - Australian Cultural League of Melbourn, in 2009 the 2nd prize: Antonis Samarakis" for her story: Even if it's found it will chase me". A lot of her work has been edited in Literature Magazines in Greece and on the internet.
Maria teaches Creative Writing. She is the co-ordinator of a book club for six years and of a writers' meet up. The last four years she's been a collaborator in www.eyelands.gr as well as a judge of its poetry and story competitions.
eyelands/ Storyland - Short Stories
STRANGE DAYS BOOKS
THREE ROCK STUDIO