Wednesday, 25 May 2016
Michael McLaverty Short Story Award #seanocarolan #Writing #Contest
MICHAEL MCLAVERTY SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2016
THE PRIZE FOR THE WINNER IS £2,000 and the winning story will be published with the two runners-up in a limited edition anthology.
ADJUDICATORS: Multi award-winning writer David Park (The Big Snow, The Truth Commissioner, Gods and Angels) and Patsy Horton, Managing Editor of Blackstaff Press.
THEME: Lost Fields
ENTRY FEE: £10 Sterling with each entry submitted
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Thursday 30th June 2016
For more information follow us on Twitter @thelinenhall and Facebook /LinenHallLibraryBelfast.
1. The award is open to Irish writers (born in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland) over eighteen years of age.
2. NO entry form is required.
3. Entries must NOT have been, by the date of submission, published or broadcast in any medium.
4. Entries must be typed, in double spacing, using only one side of A4 paper.
5. Entries must NOT exceed the maximum of 3,000 words.
6. Entries will NOT be returned.
7. No indication of the writer’s identity may appear on the story to be entered.
8. Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address should be submitted on a separate sheet, under the heading Michael McLaverty Short Story Award, 2016.
9. An entry fee of £10 Sterling must accompany each individual entry. Entries without this fee will not be considered.
10. All cheques should be made payable to the Linen Hall Library. Please do not enclose cash.
11. No more than ONE story may be submitted by any entrant.
12. The decision of the adjudicators is final.
13. Winners and runners-up ONLY will be notified.
14. The adjudicators will not enter into any correspondence concerning the competition.
15. The staff of the Linen Hall Library will not enter into any correspondence concerning the competition.
16. Should an appropriate standard not be achieved, no award will be presented.
17. The Linen Hall Library reserves the right to select for publication such entries as may be deemed appropriate, in any year.
18. The Linen Hall Library will liaise with successful authors in preparing texts for publication.
19. The award will be presented at the Linen Hall Library in December 2016.
Linen Hall Library
17 Donegall Square North
Belfast BT1 5GB
Telephone 028 9032 1707
There are just over two weeks left to enter The Caterpillar Story Prize . The prize is for an unpublished story of no more than 1,500 word...
RTÉ SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2020 INVITES SUBMISSIONS RTÉ has today invited short story submissions for one of Ireland's longest est...
Voices 2020: Our Judges We have a fantastic expert panel of judges lined up for Voices 2020, featuring authors, poets and journalists, some ...
Aesthetica Creative Writing Award The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talen...