Writing Times: Senior submissions is open to all published and unpublished, UK- and non-UK-based writers aged from 60+. We accept stories, poems, drawings, writing tips, etc. There are no restrictions to what we will accept. Each bi-month a theme will be chosen which will be listed on the page. Each bi-month our favourite entry will be chosen, this will be listed on the seniors page. The maximum word count is 1,500 words.
Entry details, rules and regulations for the competition are listed below:
1. All entries must be sent using the online form.
2. Entry is free and you can submit one entry in each category.
3. Entries will not be returned. No changes will be allowed once an entry is submitted.
4. All entries submitted must be work which has not been published elsewhere.
5. All entries must be your own work. Any entry found to be plagiarised or printed elsewhere will be disqualified.
6. All entries submitted must clearly state your name, email address with the title of the entry submitted.
7. If necessary, the winning entry may be edited for publication by Writing Times.
8. The chosen entry will be notified within one month of the closing date. The judges' decision is final. Winning entrants may not submit their work elsewhere without the permission of Writing Times.
9. The closing date for entries is Midnight (BST) at the end of every bi-month.
The winner will receive a book and their winning entry published in the magazine.
The winner will be announced a month after the closing date.