General Submission Guidelines
Upcoming Issue Submission Periods
Issue 11, Fall/Winter 2016 (Unthemed) submission period: July 20 – September 19, 2016
Issue 12, Winter/Spring 2017 (Theme: Time Travel) submission period: October 20 – December 19, 2016
Issue 13, Spring/Summer 2017 (Unthemed) submission period: January 20 – March 19, 2017.
IMPORTANT: Please read before submitting.
1) We support neurodiversity. Please don’t send us any work that pathologies neurodivergence, uses functioning labels, or promotes the supremacy of one type of neurology above others.
2) Submissions must be your own original work. Please do not submit work on behalf of other people. Also, we can’t accept found poetry, centos, art collages, erasures, or similar types of work. Sorry.
3) We value the voices of neurodivergent and disabled writers and artists, as well as wish to avoid “othering” of disabled and neurodivergent people. For this reason, we cannot accept submissions written aboutneurodivergent or disabled people from contributors who are not themselves neurodivergent or disabled.
4) No simultaneous submissions, please.
5) Contributors must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
6) No previously published work. Previous appearance on your own blog or social media site is fine, we just ask that you take the piece down or make it non-visible during the issue publication period.
7) Work not in English must be accompanied by a translation. If accepted, both versions will be published.
8) Unfortunately, we aren’t able to pay contributors upon initial publication. We plan to pay contributors whose work is anthologized in the future.
By submitting you grant us the right to publish your work online in perpetuity, and exclusively for 60 days. Also, you grant us non-exclusive anthology rights. (Please note, we will contact you to make sure we have permission before each print anthology is edited and published.)
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. Solomon Maday