The A3 Review's themed monthly contest is brought to you by the folks who make Writing Maps. We believe in words and images, and love a combination of the two. We're looking for prose, poetry, graphic stories, photography, paintings, drawings, and other visual and word-based creations and various combinations of the above.
The two winning entries each month are published in The A3 Review, a fold-out literary and art magazine that comes out every six months. The current issue is Issue 4, which came out in March 2016.
Issue 5: Guest edited by KM Elkes. The two winning entries from each month, March till August, will make up the list of contributors to Issue 5. From this list, three overall winning entries will be chosen in August 2016. These three ultimate winners will receive cash prizes: 1st = £150, 2nd = £75, 3rd = £50 (approx $220, $110, $75).
Writing: No more than 150 words.
Art: Needs to fit well into an A6 panel. That's about 4 x 6 inches or 10 x 15cm. Send as low-res in the first instance. If your work is accepted, we'll ask for a hi-res image.
There is a small fee of $5 (approx £3) per entry to help us cover admin and printing costs and to make sure we can keep offering cash prizes.
Follow us on Twitter for conversation, updates and inspiration. Sign up to The A3 Review newsletter here.
These are The Rules:
1. Entry fee is $5 (approx £3) per submission. Multiple submissions are welcome.
2. Enter online through Submittable.
3. Each contest closes on the 4th Saturday of the month.
4. Any entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible.
5. The A3 Review's Monthly Contest is open to all writers and artists over 16.
6. There is no restriction on theme or style. We encourage prose, poems, prose poems, graphic stories, hybrid forms, photography, illustration, painting.
7. Maximum number of words is 150.
8. Artwork, graphic and comics stories must fit into an A6 panel.
9. Two winning entries from each month with appear in The A3 Review to be published every 6 months. From this shortlist of winners, 3 will be chosen to win cash prizes: 1st = £150, 2nd = £75, 3rd = £50.
10. Entries must be available for The A3 Review, and must not have been previously published.
11. The judges' verdict is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Entries cannot be altered or substituted once they have been submitted.
13. Judging is anonymous.
14. Name and contact details must not appear on the entries.
15. Submission of entry is taken to be an unqualified acceptance of these rules.