Wednesday, 28 December 2016
Writers' & Artists' Yearbook Short Story Competition 2017
For published and aspiring writers alike - enter our free annual short story competition and be in with a chance of winning a place on an Arvon residential writing course of your choice (worth £1,000), as well as seeing your story published on www.writersandartists.co.uk.
To enter, all you have to do is submit a short story (for adults) of no more than 2,000 words. And that's it. Unlike previous years, there's no theme for you to base your story on; all you have to do is make sure you're registered with the website, the subject line of your email reads 'W&A Short Story Competition 2017' and you send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 13th February, 2017. The winner of the competition - along with two runners-up - will be announced on the blog pages of this site in March 2017.
Arvon run three historic writing houses in the UK, where published writers lead week-long residential courses. Covering a diverse range of genres, from poetry and fiction to screenwriting and comedy, Arvon courses have provided inspiration to thousands of people at all stages of their writing lives. Find out more and book a course online at www.arvon.org
Don't forget to read the full details, terms and conditions (below) before you enter. Please remember to register on www.writersandartists.co.uk before submitting your entry.
This year's judge
To be announced
Terms and conditions
These are the full terms and conditions for Writers' & Artists' Yearbook Short Story Competition 2017.
1. No purchase necessary, but entrants must be registered on www.writersandartists.co.uk.
2. The competition is open to all ages, professions and nationalities, and you don’t have to reside in the UK to enter.
3. All entries must be original and unpublished.
4. Writers may submit one entry only.
5. Winners will be notified at the email address stated in their entry. Sign-up for our newsletter here if you want to be notified about the winner or check back on www.writersandartists.co.uk. You can also follow us onTwitter and Facebook, where competition updates will also be posted.
6. Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject heading: "W&A Short Story Competition 2017"
Please include your email address and other contact details in the body of the email. Your entry can appear in the body of the email or as a Word/PDF attachment. As long as it’s clear and easy to read, we have no other formatting requirements.
7. Your entry must be submitted before midnight on Monday 13th February, 2017. Entries will not be accepted after this date.
8. By submitting, all entrants thereby grant The Bloomsbury Publishing Group the right to publish their entry onwww.writersandartists.co.uk in the event of their work being shortlisted and/or winning the competition.
9. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group cannot accept responsibility for entries which are not received or which are received after the closing date due to technical failure or for any other reason.
10. Winners agree to participate in publicity events in connection with the competition.
11. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group and the winners may enter into agreements which will grant The Bloomsbury Publishing Group the publishing, broadcasting, serial and electronic rights in the shortlisted and winning entries.
12. The Bloomsbury Publishing Group reserves the right to change the rules of this competition without notice.
13. The winners of the competition will be notified in March 2017 and the winning entry published onwww.writersandartists.co.uk.
14. Prizes must be taken by 31st December 2017 and are subject to availability.
15. The decision of the competition judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Employees of The Bloomsbury Publishing Group, and members of their immediate family, are excluded from participating in the competition.
17. We may, from time to time, inform you of new books and special offers that we think will be of interest.
18. Please send direct competition queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any sent email@example.com will not be answered.
Why not sign up to get emails with all daily posts included?
Or Follow Us On Twitter #essentialsofrecovery
Perito Prize The Perito Prize is an international, annual, short fiction competition run by Perito Ltd 2019 celebrated the first year of th...
The annual HG Wells Fiction Short Story Competition offers a £500 Senior and £1,000 Junior prize and free publication of all shortlisted en...
First prize: £5,000 One of the largest short story prizes, the winning story features in our anthology, so you will see your words in print...