Friday, 17 March 2017
The Print Express Children’s Short Story Competition
As well as being huge fans of art and design, we also love storytelling here at Print Express. And we also love giving back to the community wherever we can, which is something we often do through competitions. We’ve run poetry and flash fiction competitions before, but today we’re thrilled to announce our first ever children’s short story competition!
We’re really excited about getting kids interested in creative writing, and we love reading the imaginative stories they come up with. We can’t wait to read through the entries!
We’ve got two age brackets for this competition: ages 5 – 9, and ages 10 – 13. The short story can be on absolutely anything they’d like – maybe a story about the monster that lives in their shed, the adventures the cat gets up to when it’s out of the house or even a story about why they were late for school. Anyone entering is encouraged to be as creative and imaginative as they’d like!
The winner of each age bracket will win £50 in book tokens, and £175 in book tokens for their school library!
As always, there are some rules:
– This competition is only open to full time residents of the UK, who will be between the ages of 5 and 13 on March 31st, 2017
– Stories entered should be no more than 500 words (not including the title)
– Stories can only be entered by a parent, teacher or guardian on behalf of a child
– Only one entry per child (so be sure to enter their favourite)
– Stories must be an original piece of fiction
– Enter by emailing the short story (in the body of the email – not as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please include their name, age and their town or city in the email
– The deadline for entries is midnight on March 31st, 2017 (GMT)
– It’s completely free to enter
– While the entrants will retain the rights to the stories, we are looking to post the winning entry on the blog when we announce the winner
We’ll announce a winner shortly after – although if we have a very high volume of entries, it may take us a bit longer (so please be patient with us). Good luck for everyone entering, and we can’t wait to get reading!
I Their quest to offer new authors a stage we are hosting a Short Story Competition. Entries close midnight (GMT, London), February 17, 20...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
The Daily Mail Penguin Random House First Novel competition Welcome to The Daily Mail Penguin Random House first novel competition. Before...
DISCOVER - New writing from Turkey and the UK Open call for short story writers The British Council in Turkey aims to build a bridge b...