Since its inception, Woman’s Way has promoted and published thousands of reader short stories, encouraging readers to get writing and show off their writing talent. Many writers have gone on to publish work professionally. Our fiction is absorbing, drawing readers into the story with the plot, they are intense tales told on a single page.
We love stories in Woman’s Way and we appreciate the time and effort our readers spend in writing and sending in their fictional stories. From love to hate, friendship to enemy square offs, we’ve read a lot of themes over the past five decades.
Woman’s Way is launching a short story competition for the second year. We want all our readers who enjoy writing to enter our competition.
Our theme this year is REINVENTION. This year, we’re narrowing the genres to five and will be picking one winner from each genre. These are:
› Childrens/Young Adult
Our winners’ stories will appear in our Christmas annual, issue 51 (on sale December 27) plus we’ll be giving away books and beauty products to each winner (worth in excess of €150) plus a few extras. See our submission guidelines and send your completed stories to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2017. Good luck!
•We only accept stories via email and we cannot accept stories by post • Stories must be previously unpublished though you can submit more than one story per category. We will not accept poetry, scripts or an opinion piece • Stories will not be considered if they are offensive to gender, sexuality, religion or race. We will not consider stories that contain unnecessary or graphic violence or language.
• Word count: One page stories of a maximum of 800 words.
• Entries should be typed on double line spacing, Times New Roman, 12 point, with wide margins. All stories must be in English and each page numbered.
• Please add a cover page to each story which includes: your name, postal address, email address, contact number, name of story, word count and category you’re entering. Also include a 50-word biography.
• Stories may edited to Woman’s Way’s house style.
• Woman’s Way will not enter into any discussion on stories that are not chosen for publication.
By sending Woman’s Way a story you are agreeing that:
•You are the original creator of the work submitted
• You are the copyright holder of the work
• All information in the contact and cover section is accurate