This Blog is mainly about creative writing,writing competitions, writing contests, poetry contests,poetry competitions, writing quotes and other useful writing information. I will, when I find them, post information on writers' workshops, tutorials and other creative links. I hope you enjoy! You may buy books in the corner Book Store safe in the knowledge you have all the protection of Amazon.Please pass on URL to any writer friends.
Friday, 28 July 2017
The Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition 2017
Tuesday 1st August 2017 sees the launch of the sixth biannual Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition hosted by the award-winning charity InterAct Stroke Support.
Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition 2017
The short story competition was first held in 2008 and the challenge remains the same: writers are requested to write a piece, in any genre, in no more than 1000 words. The winner of the competition will receive £1000 and will be commissioned to write four further stories for InterAct Stroke Support over the course of one year. The winner will be announced at the awards ceremony in 2018, date to be confirmed.
The closing date for submissions is Friday 22nd December 2017.
Stories of any genre can be submitted online or by post and the submission fee is £15.00 per story.
How to Enter:
Enter your story via email and make payment via BACS transfer.
Email address: email@example.com
Email story entries will receive a reply including InterAct's bank details and a unique payment reference number once the story has been submitted. The reference number must then be included with the £15.00 per story BACS transfer payment. Alternatively you can pay by posting a cheque made out to 'InterAct Stroke Support', quoting your unique reference on the reverse of the cheque. If the payment is not received by fourteen days after the story has been submitted the entry will be disqualified.
The filename of email entries must be the title of the story and it must be either a .doc .docx or .pdf file. The entrants name and contact details must not appear anywhere on the manuscript of the submitted story.
We would appreciate it if, when submitting your story via email, you can tell us how you heard about the Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition.
Postal entries must be typed, single-sided, with pages numbered and unstapled, with payment by cheque made out to 'InterAct Stroke Support'. Stapled entries will not be accepted. Please include a covering letter detailing the entrant’s name, contact details, how you heard about the Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition and the word count of the story. The entrants name and contact details must not appear anywhere on the manuscript of the submitted story. Send postal entries to:
Short Story Competition
InterAct Stroke Support
Victoria Charity Centre
11 Belgrave Road
Please enclose a stamped addressed postcard marked 'ACKNOWLEDGEMENT' if you require acknowledgement of receipt of your postal entry.
Terms and conditions of entry:
1. The length of each story must not exceed 1000 words.
2. Entrants can write in any genre.
3. Entrants can submit multiple stories.
4. Stories must be suitable to be read in the sensitive environment of a hospital setting.
5. The winner of the Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition will receive £1,000 and will be commissioned to write four further short stories for InterAct Stroke Support over the course of one year.
6. The closing date for all entries is 5pm, Friday 22nd December 2017.
7. A £15.00 entry fee is applicable to each story entered. Payment can be made either by BACS transfer (details sent once the story has been submitted) with email entries or by cheques made out to ‘InterAct Stroke Support’ with postal entries.
8. The competition is open to anyone, including non-UK applicants, over 16 years.
9. Stories must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or public online forum or broadcast.
10. While the copyright of any story submitted to the Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition will remain with the author, stories are submitted with the understanding that InterAct has the right to copy, distribute and publish the story to support the charity’s work.
Disclaimer: Due to the expected volume of entries, the charity is unable to offer individual feedback to entrants. The decision of the judges is final.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Anthology Poetry Award
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.