· Winners and runners-up will receive free admission to all Allingham Festival events, and will be invited to read their work at the Allingham Festival.
· A shortlist and longlist of entries will be published on the website in early October; the winners and runners-up will be informed of the judges' decisions in mid-October.
International entries are welcome.
· All entries must be the original work of the entrant. Entrants must be 18 years old or older on or before 9 November 2017.
· Entries must not have been published elsewhere (online, digital, or print) before 9 November 2017.
· Winners of 2015 or 2016 Allingham Poetry or Flash Fiction competitions are not eligible to re-enter in 2017.
· All entries must be written in English.
· Entries must be typed. Handwritten entries will not be considered.
· Entries can be submitted by email or by post. The deadline for receipt of postal entries is Friday, September 9, 2017. For email entries, the deadline is midnight on Sunday, September 11, 2017.
· Each entrant may submit up to 5 poems, maximum 40 lines per poem.
· Each entrant may submit up to 5 flash fiction pieces, maximum 800 words each.
· Judges' decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the shortlist or the winners. Entries will not be returned.
HOW TO ENTER
· Submit online entries as doc, docx, or pdf files. Each entry – each poem or flash fiction piece – must be submitted in a separate file. Postal entries must be typed or printed on A4 pages.
· Flash Fiction pieces must be submitted in 12 point Arial or Times New Roman font, with 2 cm margins on A4 page(s). Use 1.5 or double-spacing. Include title of entry and page number(s) on all pages. 800 words maximum.
· Poetry formatting, including spacing, is at the discretion of the author. Include title of entry and page number(s) on all pages. 40 lines maximum.
· Each entry must include an application form. For online entries, the entry form serves as an application form. For postal entries, print an application form and include it with your entry.
· Include the title of your story or poem and its page number(s) on all pages, but not your name or any other personal details. Personal information must appear only on the application form.
You can download the application form here: Allingham Flash Fiction/Poetry Application Form
· The entry fee is €5 for 1 entry, €8 for 2, €12 for 3, €15 for 4, €17 for 5.
· Poetry and flash fiction competitions are separate, and entries to the two competitions must be made separately. Example: if you wish to submit one piece of flash fiction and three poems, fill out an entry form for the flash fiction and submit the entry along with the fee. Fill out a separate entry form for the three poems and send the form and the three poems along with the fee.
· Poems and flash fiction pieces must be submitted in separate emails or in separate envelopes.
Post entries, cover letter and postal order or cheque to:
Allingham Poetry Competition
Allingham Flash Fiction Competition,
A Novel Idea,
In your cover note list:
- The number of entries submitted
- The title of each entry
- Your name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Contact phone number
Cheques should be made payable to "Allingham Festival".