Thursday, 24 August 2017
The Henshaw Short Story Competition
Prizes: 1st Prize £100, 2nd Prize £50, 3rd Prize £25
Closing Date: 30th September
Results published on the website by 31st October
1. Entries must be a fictional short story of up to 2000 words on any theme.
2. Entries must be on A4, double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page..
3. All entries must be the original work of the Author, must not have been published before the date of submission and must be accompanied by a single information page containing the author's name, address and telephone number.
4. The Author's name must not appear as a title or in the body of any page other than the author information page.
5. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
6. Do keep a copy of your entry, manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. The judges’ view is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with the award of the prizes.
8. Prize Winning Stories will be published on this site.
9. Entries may be made by E mail (preferred), as a Word document, or by post.
10. Entering the competition gives Henshawpress the once only permission to publish the story in an anthology. It is intended to produce the next anthology in 2019 when there have been sufficient prize winning stories.
11. Receipt of all entries will be acknowledged by e-mail or by post where no e-mail address is available.
12. Entrants must be aged over sixteen. If you are sixteen or under do have a look at our Young Writers page.
Each entry by post must be accompanied by a cheque for £5 payable to G. Jennings and sent to:
The Henshaw Competition
24 Rowlandson Close
Entries by E-mail should pay the appropriate fee using the button below and send their story separately to:-
For an extra £10 the judges will provide a critique of a story after the results of the competition have been published
ENTRIES ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR ONE OF THE WORLD’S RICHEST POETRY PRIZES, THE NEWLY NAMED MOTH POETRY PRIZE. THE WINNER OF THE 2017 PRI...
Categories Children’s , Drama , Fiction , General , Horror , Journalism , Mystery , Nonfiction , Personal Journals , Plays , Romance , Scien...
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2017 CELTIC MYTHOLOGY SHORT STORY COMPETITION ARE NOW OPEN. Introduction from Brian O’Sullivan With the Celtic My...
North West Words has launched two 2017 English and Irish language adult poetry competitions sponsored by Aurivo and Ealaín na Gaeltachta. ...