Thursday, 26 October 2017
SEREN CHRISTMAS POETRY COMPETITION 2017
Entry guidelines for the Seren Christmas Poetry Competition
Please submit one poem only to: Amy Wack, Editor.
Please include your name, email address, telephone number and postal address in your Cover Letter
Please also include your name in the file name of your document, e.g. 'Jane_Doe_Xmas_Poem_Submission'.
We look forward to reading your entry to the Seren Christmas Poetry Competition. All submissions will be read and judged by our Poetry editor Amy Wack, and the winner will be announced through our website and social media channels on 27 November.
The winning poem will be distributed as the official Seren Christmas card, sent to all publishing & literary friends. The winner will also receive 50 printed copies of the card to send to friends & family this Christmas. Longlisted poems will be considered for a 2018 poetry pamphlet.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entries to the competition must be on the subject of ‘Christmas’.
2. The closing date for entries is 08 November 2017.
3. Each entrant must submit only one poem. In the event that multiple entries are made, only the first will be judged and subsequent entries will be discounted.
4. Poems with joint authorship are ineligible.
5. Entries must be written in English, and must be no longer than one A4 page in length.
6. Entries must be written in Times New Roman, 12pt.
7. Entries must be the original work of the author, and must not have been previously published, broadcast or submitted to another competition.
8. The copyright of each poem remains with the author. The author of the winning poem will grant Seren permission to print, email, distribute, and sell their submitted poem to individuals and trade organisations as the official Seren Christmas Card.
9. All entrants grant Seren permission to consider their poems for publication in a 2018 poetry pamphlet.
10. The judge’s decision is final. No correspondence about the result will be entered in to.
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Short story contest Want to see YOUR story published in Writers’ Forum? Three great prizes every issue 1st £300 2nd £150 3rd £100 All ty...