Just Over A Week Left To Enter
There is little over a week left to enter the Gregory O'Donoghue International Poetry Competition, past winners include John F. Deane, Suji Kwock Kim, Breda Wall Ryan, Leila Chatti and Maya Catherine Popa. The winner receives
1) a cash prize of €1000,
2) a travel subvention of up to €600
3) five nights full board at the Cork International Poetry Festival with tickets to all events (worth €800) February 13th-17th.
4) A showcase reading at the festival
5) free tuition for a four morning workshop with Brian Turner
6) a week's residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre.
7) Publication in Southword.
Entries cost €5 per poem or €20 for a batch of five. Judge this year is Patrick Cotter, curator of the Cork International Poetry Festival. Cotter has published several books, has published poems in journals such as the London Review of Books, Poetry, Poetry Review and many other places. His poems have been translated into over a dozen languages and he is a recipient of the Keats-Shelley Poetry Prize. He guest-edited an issue of Poetry in 2015, contributed to Poetry Foundation podcasts and recently wrote for the website of the Poetry Society.
Full details on how to enter are here