Friday, 16 February 2018
Enter Lunch Ticket's Flash Prose Contest
Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being read.
We review Flash Prose submissions from February 1 to April 30, and August 1 to October 31.
Flash Prose Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your flash prose has been published in Lunch Ticket, please wait one year before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are read blind in the first round. Any submissions with identifying information will be returned without consideration.
- All prose must be double-spaced in 12-pt Times New Roman font.
- Please include the genre (Creative Nonfiction or Fiction) and a word count at the top of your piece: we accept prose 750 words or less.
- If your piece is 751 to 5,000 words, please submit it to Creative Nonfiction, Fiction, or YA (13+).
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your piece is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- We accept multilingual work in all genres.
We look forward to sampling your work! More info here.
THE COSTA SHORT STORY AWARD in association with the Costa Book Awards TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY Please read all terms and co...
RTÉ SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2020 INVITES SUBMISSIONS RTÉ has today invited short story submissions for one of Ireland's longest est...
Aesthetica Creative Writing Award The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talen...
Voices 2020: Our Judges We have a fantastic expert panel of judges lined up for Voices 2020, featuring authors, poets and journalists, some ...