Friday, 16 February 2018
Enter Lunch Ticket's Flash Prose Contest
Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being read.
We review Flash Prose submissions from February 1 to April 30, and August 1 to October 31.
Flash Prose Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your flash prose has been published in Lunch Ticket, please wait one year before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are read blind in the first round. Any submissions with identifying information will be returned without consideration.
- All prose must be double-spaced in 12-pt Times New Roman font.
- Please include the genre (Creative Nonfiction or Fiction) and a word count at the top of your piece: we accept prose 750 words or less.
- If your piece is 751 to 5,000 words, please submit it to Creative Nonfiction, Fiction, or YA (13+).
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your piece is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- We accept multilingual work in all genres.
We look forward to sampling your work! More info here.
THE UNIVERSITY'S SCHOOL OF LITERATURE, DRAMA AND CREATIVE WRITING IS OFFERING A FREE COURSE FOCUSED ON SCREEN-WRITING. THIS COURSE WILL ...
1st Prize: £5,000 Plus two optional extras: a week’s writing retreat at Gladstone Library, and a day with an editor at Virago Pre...
DATES VARIOUS Regulus Press extends a tremendous Thank You to all who participated in the 2018 LITERARY TAXIDERMY SHORT STORY COMPETITION,...
How to enter The BBC National Short Story Award 2019 with Cambridge University The British Broadcasting Corporation with Cambridge Universi...