This Blog is mainly about creative writing,writing competitions, writing contests, poetry contests,poetry competitions, writing quotes and other useful writing information. I will, when I find them, post information on writers' workshops, tutorials and other creative links. I hope you enjoy! You may buy books in the corner Book Store safe in the knowledge you have all the protection of Amazon.Please pass on URL to any writer friends.
Thursday, 8 February 2018
First Freedom Flotilla literary contest - Get writing Folks
“Keys to the Future of Palestine”
The Freedom Flotilla Coalition calls for the first international literary contest of short stories and poems related to Palestine, for the right of return and for a decent future of the Palestinian people. In particular, we are interested in stories and poems that highlight the plight of Palestinians living in Gaza, the world’s largest open air prison, and the need to end the illegal and inhumane Israeli blockade. There will be one winner selected from each participating language. Conditions:
Any person who wishes can participate in the contest regardless of their nationality or residence.
Each author can only present one short story or poem.
The short stories or poems should meet the following conditions:
– Not having been published before anywhere, including on the internet.
– Not having received any prize in any other contest.
– One original copy of each story or poem will be submitted. This will be written using the Arial font (12 pt. Size) with normal margins (2.5 cm top and bottom of page and 3 left and right) as in Word default settings. The length of the story or poem will not exceed five (5) pages.
– The spacing between lines should be 1.5
– The short stories or poems in English should be sent by email to this address <firstname.lastname@example.org> clearly indicating in the subject: LITERARY CONTEST. The story or poem should be attached in a file named with the title of the text and another file containing only the following information: Title, author’s full name and nationality, author’s address, telephone number and email. The subject should be “Keys to the Future of Palestine” (and related to Palestine, the Nakba, refugees, expulsion, loss of property, etc.) written in either English or Spanish (ver las bases en español: www.rumboagaza.org/la-flotilla-de-la-libertad-convoca-el-primer-concurso-literario-llaves-para-un-futuro-digno-para-palestina).
Final date for submission of short stories is midnight on March 1, 2018.
The jury for each language will be composed of persons related to the literary and cultural world. Their decision will be final. No jury member can participate in this contest.
The jury for each language will decide on a winner and a runner up. Winning entries will be announced in the media, published on the FFC websites and other noteworthy places, and will be translated into various languages. Runners up and special mentions will be published on our different campaigns’ language-specific websites. The decisions will be communicated to the selected authors by email or phone call.
The jury’s decisions will be announced on Land Day, March 30, 2018.
Authors retain copyright of the text they submit but cede to the FFC and its member campaigns the right to publish their texts, online and in any other medium, without charge.
Participation in the contest means acceptance of all and each of its conditions and the commitment to comply by them. The interpretation of these conditions as well as any other question related to the contest, will be decided by the jury.
This literary contest is part of the preparation for the Freedom Flotilla’s plans to sail again in 2018, for Freedom of Movement and a Decent Future for Palestine. Read more about these plans and our Solidarity with Gaza Fishers campaign here: sgf.freedomflotilla.org/news/ffc-sail-again-for-decent-future
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Anthology Poetry Award
Entries are now invited for the Anthology Poetry Award. Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing a...
Parkinson’s Art are pleased to announce their latest charity poetry competition - Poetry in performance. This will complement our wonderfu...
Could you be the next Parkinson’s Art Poet of the Year? Entries are invited for this prestigious, annual poetry competition. Our theme this...
Nelson Algren Short Story Award - Deadline Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015 #seanocarolan.com #writing #contests #competitions #prize #Short #StoryNelson Algren Short Story Award CLARIFICATION: Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015. The Nelson Algren Liter...
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a message.